UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went out of my way to stop and try the fried chicken based on other reviews. Not sure I would venture into this area at night - but in the bright of day it was fine. When I walked in I was a bit confused by all the signs and pictures - not sure if they were the menu or what. But Juan helpfully stepped in and sorted out a menu for me. I went for the "homestyle" dark meat chicken. It was very good - a smidge on the salty side, but worth the effort. Juan was nice enough to bring me some of their special sauce to try - it was too spicy for me - but I am a Yankee wimp, so don't shy away based on my opinion. As others have mentioned, the biscuits are worth the drive alone! Fair warning - the folks working there get a bit loud, so don't go looking for a quiet, relaxing meal.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have been to other Triple D locations, but this one really delivers! Juan meets you at the door and keeps everything rolling. Get a combo of the spicy and regular chicken ... the biscuits are heavenly. Lucky us, since my niece will be at school in Memphis, we'll get to come back again and again. Aloha Uncle Lou!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a fun lunch there. Real soul food (so they say) and for us it was a first. Service was good and the location is good too.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The #1 reason we went here was because we saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. SO worth the trip. Get your chicken with the Sweet Spicy Love sauce (home-style is plain fried), the mild is good, the hot is slap-your-momma good!!! It's not a super-hot spicy that will leave your mouth on fire and require water guzzling... it's a nice hot kick and will leave you licking your fingers. All of our sides were good too but until my chicken was gone, I completely forgot we'd ordered them!! The fries are also excellent and they have a shaker of seasoning for you to apply on your own that makes them just divine!! Everyone was very friendly and we had a great time!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

nothing special in the way of fried chicken, spicy. veggies really nothing special, DDD had been there and that must have given it a rep that is really not deserved

Been to UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!