“Life Changing Chicken”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken is absolutely the best chicken I have ever eaten. I have been there many times for lunch and always bring someone new. Everyone I have introduced to Uncle Lou's is hooked. I took my wife today after church and she agreed. She said, "it's even better than Gus's"! The staff is consistently friendly and I have seen Uncle Lou there every time I go, even on Sunday. I wish Uncle Lou's continued well deserved success.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Memphis for memorial day weekend! An saw Uncle Lou's on TV an decided 2 give them a try. The chicken was great! Me an the BF got fried chicken wings half/half the sauce was great. The fried corn nuggets were heaven an carrots was also good. The double cheeseburger was ok seasoned very well. I would eat there again. Only compliant is Uncle Lou needs 2 remodel the place!!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Ok so after seeing Guy from Food Network review this place on Diners, Drive ins and Dives, we detoured our trip in TN to go. Extremely hospitable workers that encouraged me to eat in vs take out and even helped me navigate on what to have. We got the infamous chicken both home style and sweet spicy love mild. I can appreciate the wait as all food is cooked when ordered. Overall, it was good. The corrupted carrots were pleasantly good. Nothing to go out of my way for on a trip but decently cooked chicken and great customer service. Uncle Lou was even there and friendly.
On another note, they could use a housekeeper! Generally clean place until you look at the ceiling fans which harbor enough dust to eat as a meal and the Dallas cowboy shrine that needs cleaning also. For the location and the prices it's ok.

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here during a road trip. As soon as we walked in we were immediately greeted and being helped to pick things to try as first timers. We got both home style and spicy chicken. Hands down best fried chicken I have tried so far. As for sides the fried pickles and shockingly enough the spicy carrots were amazing. I was very glad we went and would go again.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

the sauce was excellent! tried a double cheeseburger that was sloppy but good!!!! Potato salad like mom makes and a caramel cake that will have you asking for more.

Been to UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!