“They keep raising the bar”

Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,527 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We celebrated a family birthday here on Saturday evening, expecting the drinks, food and service to be enjoyable as always. We had not been to the restaurant in several months, and we were impressed by the continuing improvement of an already outstanding experience. It is very rare that we enjoy a meal without a single comment about something that could be improved. We each enjoyed three courses and dessert, each described well by the excellent server. Entrees enjoyed were halibut and short ribs, both as well prepared and presented as anywhere we've been. The desserts, a lemon tart and budino were as outstanding as the rest of the meal. Don't overlook Andrew Michael - you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank John B

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Book now for your taste of Italy. The food and service transports you to food nirvana.
We started with specailty dinks . All worthwhile and refreshing. We tried one of everything on the menu. Everything delivered. No weak links. Every morsel outstanding.
This is now my favorite Itaian eatery in Memphis.

1  Thank thompson32154
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I rarely gush about how good a restaurant is, but I am completely enthralled with this place. We began our meal with the house made charcruterie and cheese plate. The chicken liver pate was like butter on my tongue. We literally tried one of every appetizers. They are not large, but each bite was delicious! The pork belly was my fave, well maybe the squash blossoms were as well. Onto the pasta courses, and yes we tried one of each. The spinach buccatini with squash was divine. The main entree's were completely well-thought out. The ragu sauces were not heavy and each complimented the dish. My fave was the fresh halibut, but the Newman Ranch pork chop was perfection! They have an extensive wine list from different Italian regions, but I chose to bring my own private reserve of Chardonnay and Cab. Sauvignon with a reasonable corkage fee of 10.00. Sean, our server was wonderful and attentive~ we will certainly request him again. Chef Andy came out to greet us after our degustatations, even though a shellfish allergy sent him to the hospital minutes after our visit poor thing,. Even the desserts were worth trying to really stretch the belt further. A definite must again and again~

2  Thank iluvcookbooks
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I, our daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law and two dear friends dined on May 31. Between the six of us we sampled many items from the menu and all agreed the food was wonderful and the service was very good. After sampling a variety of interesting house cocktails at the small bar, we moved to our table outside, only to be soon interrupted by a thunderstorm which send us fleeing back into the bar, wine bottle and glasses in hand. The staff did an excellent job of accomodating the diners chased inside even thought the restaurant was full. All in all we very much enjoyed our evening at Andrew Michael.

1  Thank Cabana M
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I sent an email about five days prior to my reservation and asked about different tasting menu options. I was told that their was an off menu 8 course tasting that would be constructed by the chefs and would follow a "food can be______". I opted for this and I was not disappointed. All eight courses were well thought out and cooked to perfection. This was one of my favorite meals I have ever eaten and the service was great. I hope to return soon.

1  Thank RGainspoletti