“Absolutely awsome!”

Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,494 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I rarely gush about how good a restaurant is, but I am completely enthralled with this place. We began our meal with the house made charcruterie and cheese plate. The chicken liver pate was like butter on my tongue. We literally tried one of every appetizers. They are not large, but each bite was delicious! The pork belly was my fave, well maybe the squash blossoms were as well. Onto the pasta courses, and yes we tried one of each. The spinach buccatini with squash was divine. The main entree's were completely well-thought out. The ragu sauces were not heavy and each complimented the dish. My fave was the fresh halibut, but the Newman Ranch pork chop was perfection! They have an extensive wine list from different Italian regions, but I chose to bring my own private reserve of Chardonnay and Cab. Sauvignon with a reasonable corkage fee of 10.00. Sean, our server was wonderful and attentive~ we will certainly request him again. Chef Andy came out to greet us after our degustatations, even though a shellfish allergy sent him to the hospital minutes after our visit poor thing,. Even the desserts were worth trying to really stretch the belt further. A definite must again and again~

2  Thank iluvcookbooks

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I, our daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law and two dear friends dined on May 31. Between the six of us we sampled many items from the menu and all agreed the food was wonderful and the service was very good. After sampling a variety of interesting house cocktails at the small bar, we moved to our table outside, only to be soon interrupted by a thunderstorm which send us fleeing back into the bar, wine bottle and glasses in hand. The staff did an excellent job of accomodating the diners chased inside even thought the restaurant was full. All in all we very much enjoyed our evening at Andrew Michael.

1  Thank Cabana M
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I sent an email about five days prior to my reservation and asked about different tasting menu options. I was told that their was an off menu 8 course tasting that would be constructed by the chefs and would follow a "food can be______". I opted for this and I was not disappointed. All eight courses were well thought out and cooked to perfection. This was one of my favorite meals I have ever eaten and the service was great. I hope to return soon.

1  Thank RGainspoletti
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Dinner on 2/21. Restaurant in a remodeled house, so there are several intimate rooms with 2-3 tables in each. Great ambiance.

Started with a glazed pecan cocktail--one of their own creations--and it was fabulous! (And I'm usually only a wine drinker)

Waiter noted that serving sizes were small, enabling us to order from starter, pasta and entree. My first course--AM Breakfast with the pork belly and poached egg--was stellar. The Mezzaluna pasta my friend ordered won top honors in that category. My veal breast entree was delicious, but the butterfish caused "order envy". It was TDF!

Excellent wine list. Superb service. Just wish there had been a dessert offering that wasn't creamy.

A fun night out.

1  Thank Cotney
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Loved the Terducken sausage and Mezza Luna. Service and food both good. Loved the popcorn gelato. Pound cake with homemade marshmallow was delicious.

1  Thank jkloville321