“I-like I-talian”

Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2012

They process whole hog. Any of the pork is spectacular. Very talented chefs at Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen

Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife & I eat out about once a week. We've been to probably every fine restaurant in Memphis multiple times and we've eaten at Andrew Michael's over the past 3 years. We have never been disappointed. The food is always very good & the service is excellent. It's small so you have to call ahead. This however one of 3-4 restaurants in Memphis that I know I can get a very good dinner in any given night.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I was a little hesitant about visiting based on the menu that I viewed on the website. I saw only a few items that looked appealing. I was wrong in this assumption.

Appetizers included the AM breakfast. Pork belly, polenta, over-easy egg and cracklins. What a great combo. Also, had the green tomatoes. Not fried and greasy--very tasty.

The entrees have a different pork or beef entre. We ordered the ham steak and the beef cheek. All were very well done.

This is southern, comfort food that has been elevated.

I will definitely return. I only hope the menu changes frequently as this could get boring after two or three visits.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

After watching the opening of this restaurant on television...we decided that it was time to go since we enjoy dining out frequently.
It had been a rather hectic day and I was so pleasantly surprised to walk into a charming home with soft "coffee house" music playing in the background.
It had a very pleasant and tranquil feel.
We ordered two appitezers....both were wonderful and for dinner we had gnocchi and Mama's ravioli. Both dishes were well prepared and we enjoyed them both very much.
We enjoyed the over all feel to the restaurant and found the food to be very good as well.
We will visit again.

2  Thank tootlepops
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We went on a Friday night and the restaurant was a third full, the bar area was wide open. The host asked if we had a reservation, we did not. He stated he would not have a table for two for at least an hour and a half. We thought he was joking, but realized he was serious when he stated we could dine at the bar. Which we did. In an effort to lift the mood, we each tried a specialty cocktail which were yummy indeed. The bartender was an attentive server and much more welcoming than the host.

The atmosphere was pleasant, warm and inviting. The menu is sparse however. Nearly every dish has pork in it, one way or another, which made it difficult to order anything sans pork. I’m not talking about the use of pork for umph, which is no biggie. I’m talking about pork as a main player in each dish.

I ordered a grilled fish and my husband a pasta entrée, per the bartender’s recommendations. Unimpressed, we switched plates and ultimately switched back thinking the others was less tasty. The food was good – but only good. We were disappointed to pay $100 for a meal that was average and very nearly plain.

I went a second time a few weeks later for a girl’s night. I stuck to the bread and champagne. Again, no table on a weeknight for three – dined again at the bar and wondered if the food was perhaps better at a real table. This place is just so-so and doesn’t warrant all the fuss and faux frou-frou the inflexible host portrays.

1  Thank UrbanSuburban

Been to Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!