“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Boscos

Boscos
Ranked #136 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Monroe, Louisiana
“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I ate here about 2 years ago - was not impressed by any means. The food was mediocre and service matched. Fast forward to this week - we went back with some friends who wanted to eat there and again, was not impressed. The menu feels very limited. My burger was so-so - nothing special. The fries were good though. Getting refills on sweet tea was next to impossible. But they had no problem getting more wine out to my friends drinking. My wife had a wood fired pizza - it was bland and tasteless according to her.

Also - one quick warning - I LOVE air condiitoning - but I swear, you could honestly hang meat in this place. I wear shorts year around - winter/summer you name it - and this place, both times, was annoyingly cold to sit in for dinner. My poor son was so cold we used extra napkins to cover him up so he could try and eat. Bring a coat - you'll need it.

• Visited May 2013

North Yorkshire
“Great Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

we picked this out of tour guide booklet, great pub/restaurant with a super atmosphere. Although it was burgers all round they were good!!!! Waiter very heplful with beer selection

• Visited May 2013
Richardson, Texas
“Neat Part of Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited Boscos while on our recent trip to Memphis. It is located in an artsy part of Memphis, and we will definitely spend more time exploring the other places in the area on our next trip.

A Microbrew/Restaurant is really what Boscos is. They have plenty of their own produced beer, and a wood fired kitchen.

We sat at the bar area so we could watch a couple of small tv's that were hidden, and enjoyed great service and conversation with the bartender, wait staff, and the manager. We were near that part of the bar.

Food was great, and we will definitely visit here again.

Southern Illinois
“Really Only Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

As you might expect, Memphis is about Barbecue and not pizza. Boscos is located in Mid-town Memphis which has an urban, "hip" feel. We enjoyed the pizza but it was really nothing special. The server seemed distant and longing to be anywhere but at work. She provided ample service but nothing more. They have a nice variety on their menu and offer a nice selection of beer and wine. I would consider this more of a destination for a date than a family night out.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Superb Beer - Meh Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love, love, love the beer here. Especially the vanilla porter. And I am generally a wine or whiskey water person. I was expecting much more from the pizza, but it fell flat. The crust was luke warm, chewy and the toppings rated like they were sitting there for awhile. Kinda like they assembled the pizza ahead of time, cooked it and let it sit all day, then warmed it up a bit. Outdoor patio is nice, as is the inside.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Boscos? Share your experiences!