“Still good after all these years”

Owen Brennan's Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 1,692 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgeway; Regailia Shopping Center
Description: Owen Brennan's is a family owned and operated restaurant dedicated to bringing the taste and tradition of New Orleans to Memphis. With an extensive menu and innovative nightly specials, Owen Brennan's is the perfect environment for a family get together, business lunch or just a relaxing evening on our newly renovated patio. We hope to see you soon. Laissez Les Bonnes Temps Roulez!
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Mostly authentic if a bit toned down NOLA food. Good ambiance, except for very raucous sunday brunch.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Our group of 8 had brunch here on Easter Sunday. They did a pretty good job of handling the large crowd. We had a reservation ( couldn't have eaten here that day without it) and did have to ask twice when our table would be ready. We only had to wait 10 extra minutes, not bad with this many folks. A couple of us ordered omelets from the menu rather than watch "Shorty" cook them. This was a good idea. The line for the hot food was rather long, but it did keep moving. There were plenty of choices. I especially love their bread pudding and bananas foster. Both are worth the meal! I just don't like having to walk through the entry to the kitchen to get to the back half of the restaurant. More room is needed or a different layout on days there are lots of patrons.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

Went with a large group and had a private room.Our server, Jordan, was outstanding from start to finish. Super pleasant personality and very responsive to us. I had the redfish Perez, but I also tried some of my colleagues Australian lamb, which was also outstanding. One person in the group had the lobster bow tie crabmeat pasta, Which she did not care for. I tried it, as it’s one of their specialties. I Did not care for it either, and it almost seemed as if some of the flavors clashed.Beyond that though, we had the beef carpaccio, crawfish and lobster mac & cheese for appetizers. The prices seemed reasonable for what we had, and given it was such a beautiful building. I would recommend it for large groups.
For dessert, I had the Filo dough brownie which was outstanding

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Roomfordessert
Reviewed February 12, 2019

I had dinner here with co-workers while traveling on business. The staff was attentive and efficient. We had the calamari and the carpaccio for starters...the carpaccio was amazing. I talked the group into ordering it as many of them had never tried it before; safe to say they all jumped on the raw meat wagon after trying this! I had the sea bass special for my main course and it was excellent as well. I will be back next time I'm in the area for sure!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Took my family and a visiting guest from Brazil to brunch for a treat and to show my Brazil friend some Memphis hospitality. Arrived 11:15 and put in our name for 10 guests. For the next 1.5 hours we stood and watched as table after table was seated, served, and the next group of four or less was seated and served. Only after things began to slow a bit were three tables put together for us to eat. Food and server were very good, but seating service was horrible. The owner attempted an apology, but it sounded more like an explanation/justification to me. I’m very sad to write this because other experiences here have been very good. Unless you have a group of four or less for Sunday brunch, I recommend going elsewhere.

Date of visit: February 2019