“Mellow Sunday brunch”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgeway; Regailia Shopping Center
Description: Owen Brennan's is a family owned and operated restaurant dedicated to bringing the taste and tradition of New Orleans to Memphis. With an extensive menu and innovative nightly specials, Owen Brennan's is the perfect environment for a family get together, business lunch or just a relaxing evening on our newly renovated patio. We hope to see you soon. Laissez Les Bonnes Temps Roulez!
HKG and San Francisco, Calif.
“Mellow Sunday brunch”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Whenever I'm in Memphis, I go here for Sunday brunch, and not just for the food -- which, by the way, is great! Oysters on the half-shell, shrimp, mussels, carving station, omelet station, waffle station, HUGE dessert selection, and lots of Cajun cuisine, all of it to die for. BUT!! For me, the best part is the live music. Lannie McMillan plays all kinds of brass and woodwinds, plus flute and keyboard, with his two back-ups on bass fiddle and guitar. And let me tell you, they are GOOD. They take requests (my faves: Summertime, from Porgy and Bess; Stormy Weather), and he can play any song in any style you want. He is just terrific, and I never miss a Sunday brunch when Lannie's playing (11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.). Do yourself a favor some Sunday, and treat yourself to a great brunch and some terrific music. Tell him "the Hong Kong pilot with the long, blonde hair" sent you. ;-)

• Visited October 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Good restaurant for a bit of New Orleans”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Good east Memphis restaurant for a bit of the taste of New Orleans. They have nightly specials but my favorite is always the fried chicken salad. Definitely enough to have a second meal the next day. Service is good and friendly. Good wine list. Best brunch in the city. Good place to have private parties.

Visited August 2013
Abilene, TX
“Try the fish...”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Sorry I can't tell you about the whole menu because I keep getting the blackened snapper since it is as good as any I have had anywhere including New Orleans. The rest of my party was very pleased with their meals. What a great waitress - attentive without being overbearing. Cajun calamari was pretty good. I don't live here, but I'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
Huntsville, Texas
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I took my mother to Owen Brennan's for her birthday. The atmosphere was perfect and the wait staff attentive, warm, and friendly. The turtle soup was very good and each of us had a seafood dish, which we all agreed was excellent. The Brennan's Foster for dessert was exceptional.

• Visited July 2013
Arkansas
“New Orleans in Memphis!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not to be confused with "the" Brennan's of New Orleans (there is no relation, we were told) Owen Brennan's of Memphis instantly transports you back in time to New Orleans at it's best. Located in a shopping mall in Germantown, Tennessee, this upscale restaurant is huge with high ceilings, columns, and sophisticated French decor.

We visited on a Saturday, around 1:00 PM with friends. We usually do BBQ in Memphis, but the wives wanted something different. This filled the bill very nicely. Parking was almost front door. The young attractive hostess was dressed in all black but wore a very bright and friendly smile. The place was almost empty, so we were seated right away. There appeared to be only two wait staff on duty, and ours was also tending bar, so our only complaint was the lack of attention as he tended more bar than he did diners.

The menu had a variety of many French based seafood, steak, and pasta dishes. Their lunch specials are priced $8 to $16, and the rest of the entrées are in the $16 to $30 rage with a few higher. I opted for the "Executive Lunch" Pasta Jambalaya at $13. This was also on the regular lunch menu for $26. The special comes with a salad. Our bar-tender waiter said the only difference was portion. The special portion came in a good size bowl piled high and with a house salad with champagne vinaigrette dressing -- which was quite good. This was the best bowl of Jambalaya I have ever had. I don't know how any one could eat the larger $26 portion. The bowl was chunk full of perfectly cooked shrimp, clams, sausage, ham, and crawfish meat, as well as the perfectly cooked and seasoned noodles in a light tomato cream sauce. The many flavors were wonderful! The spices were not overwhelming.

Wife opted for the beef tenderloin sandwich. It came on a French long roll (by the way, the hot bread that was brought while we waited on our orders was superb) with large chunks of very tender beef. She shared a chunk of beef with me, and it was very tasty. This was a good sized steak in a bun. Our friends opted for a chicken salad, and a shrimp poorboy sandwich, extra crispy fries, and a bowl of clam chowder which, again, was full of meat. The portion sizes and generous helping of the meat entrees was a very pleasant, and tasty, surprise. This gave the some what upscale pricing a very good value.

• Visited July 2013