“Fat Tuesday was Oversold at Owen Brennan's!”

Owen Brennan's Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgeway; Regailia Shopping Center
Description: Owen Brennan's is a family owned and operated restaurant dedicated to bringing the taste and tradition of New Orleans to Memphis. With an extensive menu and innovative nightly specials, Owen Brennan's is the perfect environment for a family get together, business lunch or just a relaxing evening on our newly renovated patio. We hope to see you soon. Laissez Les Bonnes Temps Roulez!
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Owen Brennan's was certainly where everyone wanted to be on Fat Tuesday. The atmosphere was fun and the Mardi Gras Beads were everywhere. There was a live band which was fun and LOUD!

The patrons were lined up to be a part of the fun, so we were thankful we had reservations. We were promptly seated at our table. The server was poor to give him the benefit of the doubt, otherwise I would have said, " Horrid!" The waiter left dirty dishes on the table from appetizer plates through dessert. Sorry, but I don't want to see oyster half shells with my Creme brûlée . The champagne was warm and the waiter told us he was unsure if the restaurant served wine by the glass. Owen Brennan's must have hired him right off the street.

The Oysters on the Half Shell were good as was The Blackberry Pork Chop. The Etu effe was also tasty.

Bottom line, I would give them another chance on another evening, with another waiter.

1  Thank MustangRoxie
There are newer reviews for Owen Brennan's Restaurant

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Brunch is probably my favorite meal, so when my husband said we were going to a cajun/creole place for brunch, I had mixed emotions. I LOVE brunch but I am not a huge fan of cajun or creole cooking. By the time we made our first trip through the buffet line, I was leaning more towards loving this place rather than hating it. The brunch is expensive, but they offer something for everyone. There is an omelet station with a boisterous & charismatic chef who will make your omelet & make you laugh. He'll also insist on putting some etouffee on top of your omelet and you should let him, because it's incredible. There are also your typical brunchy items, but they have a very nice selection of oysters on the half shell, smoked salmon, peel & eat shrimp, & crawfish. This was by far one of the best brunches I've had this decade. Can't wait to take someone with us next time.

1  Thank theREALmle
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to their Sunday brunch. AWESOME is the only word to describe it. Atmosphere was perfect. Just a relaxing time. Wait staff was very friendly. They do not rush you at all. They tell you when you sit down to "just stay all day". All of the food was fresh. Oysters were excellent, prime rib cooked to perfection, and the bananas foster rocked. The cook that made the omelettes was fantastic. Reasonable price of 30.00 for some upscale dining.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great Cajun menu. Well managed restaurant, clean with a pleasant staff. Really good gumbo and outstanding catfish. I also enjoyed the local beer on tap.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Love the grilled oysters- just as good as in New Orleans! They Fed Ex the oysters, and all of their seafood in fresh every day. My other favorite on the menu is their Turtle soup and the seafood gumbo- excellent! Fun, warm and very cheerful atmosphere too!