“Another great visit”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Another great visit”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Our group met at Molly's on Friday, November 1st. Great service by Donna, but we always get great service here. Great 1/2 & 1/2 margaritas and great food, best food, service, and margaritas in Midtown Memphis. Don't listen to the bad reviews, for they don't know what they are talking about.

2 Thank Jimi M

“Yuck!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have read reviews about Molly's that were five star and I've read 1 star reviews so because I'm a huge Mexican food fan, I had to try it. They were voted "Best in Memphis" Margarita so I had to try it......I've never been so disappointed with a Mexican restaurant! The ambiance is sketchy, we ordered white cheese dip, it had a funny twang to it, the salsa was just ok, and the Margarita did Nothing for me. I ordered the chicken fajitas. The chicken was good, tasted like it had been marinated. The waiter suggested refried beans, I didn't like them, but can admit they were different. My husband had Tres Tacos and he wasn't impressed at all either. We tried it, hated it and will continue patronizing our favorite Midtown Mexican, Frida's!

Memphis, Tennessee
“So Much Better Than A Chain”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

There are many closer "chain" Mexican restaurants that we must drive past to get Molly's in midtown Memphis, and we are happy to pass them by. Longtime Molly's is locally owned and the pride in service and food shows. If you're from out of town, realize this part of Memphis is a bit more bohemian, so just enjoy the ambiance. The recipes are old and consistent. I like the Molly's special combo which requires two plates (too much to eat so a great midnight snack is guaranteed). My wife prefers the T-Man Special which is also delicious. Molly's also has some great gems you might not think about - the hot wings may be the best in town - so is their spinach. Throw in good margaritas and cold beer and it's the perfect spot out for a great Mexican meal.

• Visited September 2013
Memphis, TN
“My "cheers" spot”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I 1st heard of Molly's when my was father was in the hospital just down the road back in Nov 1997. And i have been a customer of their's ever since. I Like that they also Have a full bar inside the restaurant. And the wait staff have spoiled me with the service they provide compared to other restaurants I have eaten at. They & their margaritas are always 1 of the top 3 mexican restaurants & drinks in memphis annually in the "Memphis Flyer Readers poll" My only issue at all is on weekends nts you may have to park a block or 2 away.

• Visited August 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“one of the best in Memphis”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It is the best Mexican restaurant in midtown/downtown, but it can be crowded with waiting times of over 1h. There is always a nice crowd, and the location is warm.

• Visited September 2012