“Surprised by response of Mrs Jensen.”

Erling Jensen Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Poplar
Description: Erling has fashioned our approach to cuisine: Globally inspired, and classically executed, featuring the freshest, most seasonal ingredients to produce a meal of the highest quality and caliber. As the seasons change, we will reinvent our menu, creating fresh new challenges for us and pleasant little surprises for you. This approach, while founded in the French tradition, reflects our commitment to the imaginative, eclectic, and ethnically diverse cuisine of today. We thank you for the opportunity to entertain you. Enjoy...
Reviewed July 12, 2018

After an afternoon movie, a friend and I stopped by one of Memphis finest restaurants to have a glass of wine and couple of appetizers from the bar menu. Jaquila Jensen seated us and took our order. We asked what the house Chardonnay was ....she wasn't sure but we knew whatever house wine Erline served would be fine and ordered a glass. We later ordered a second glass with our second appetizer. We were quite surprised to see we had been charged for the top Chardonnay by the glass ($17) instead of the house choice which was $9 per glass. I stopped Jaquila Jensen and told her there was a mistake with our bill....we had ordered the house and charged for most expensive. Without a pause, she replied "you were served the top wine" and quickly walked away. I was shocked! Not a huge money mistake (only $32 more than what we should have been charged] but such a surprise by her attitude and response.
Of course, we will return again ....but, hopefully, she won't be so busy nor so rude....or, maybe we might have another server. I could not give 5 stars although the food certainly warranted 5 .....service and attitude warranted much less.

Date of visit: July 2018
6  Thank Mary H

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I've never been but every time I looked up places to eat this place popped up. It was my birthday so my husband and I went for dinner. We thought we might have been under dressed but we fit right in. The restaurant is deceiving in size as it accommodates quite a few people in a small building. Very quaint and cozy. We had a warm welcome and reservations on Open Table.

I opted for the Duck and my husband chose the Antelope steak (special of the day). This had to be the BEST duck I have ever had. It was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. We split the crawfish bisque (we just had to try it) so full of flavor. I splurged and got dessert (birthday). Peach Cobbler w/cinnamon ice cream P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. Everything is made from scratch. In between we were delighted with a taste of their homemade chicken salad and after our dessert....chocolate orange truffles for each of us.

Chef Jensen came out several times to check on everyone and wished me Happy Birthday 3 times. Such a great place and wonderful experience.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

If you want amazing food in an equally eloquent atmosphere this is your place. The Chef has impeccable taste and talent. It is not cheap but you get your money’s worth. This place is among the best I have ever visited.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

It was so amazing, great food,awesome atmosphere very cozy and relaxing, If you have a date and need to impress this is the place.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

We have been frequenting the Erling Jensen Restaurant for about 8 years and never had a disappointing meal. This time, we were there for the 5-course prix fixe dinner with wine pairings. Every course was delightful, in fact my wife commented that she could not recall having a more enjoyable and well-tasting dinner (and we have travelled pretty much all over the world!) The only thing that was slightly negative was that the pace of serving was initially too fast, but after we remarked on it, the waiter slowed down appropriately. All in all, a delightful experience that definitely calls for en encore!

Date of visit: January 2018