“Over rated and over priced” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #54 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Memphis, Tennessee
“Over rated and over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This place has the best wait staff around but very over priced and very over rated. A few weeks ago I brought 3 friends here and I paid the bill. Two had the ribs and one had the rib eye and I had the filet. My filet was tough and the bake potato was cold, The ribs were horrible and the only decent of all of them was my friends rib eye. With tip between drinks, food and desert, I spent over $400.00. I went back there to give it one more chance. My friends who are married split a Hawaiian Rib Eye and I had the Filet once again. Instead of it coming in one big Filet, it came in two pieces. Worse cut of a filet I ever had. Very,very tough. The best part of the meal was the desert and coffee. I spent $160.00. The last two visits i have spent $560.00. It was only worth the desert and coffee. This place use to be great but has really gone down hill. I do not recommend this place to anyone and I will never waste my money here again. The only reason I gave it a two instead of a one was because of the wait staff. I have been to may places to eat in Memphis and had the same thing for less than half the price and the food was much, much better.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Robert N

Caruthersville, Missouri
“Good but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

First Visit. Overall very nice but dark. Staff was friendly and explained specials. Menu not what I expected. Very limited selections. Prices a little high. Ordered our food. Wait time was acceptable. Food was good but I have had better. Staff keep checking on us. I would visit again hopefully a week night when it is a little less busy.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dickie M
Memphis, Tennessee
“Some of the best "Memphis Wet Ribbs" in a very romantic setting!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went to Houstons for Birthday Dinner w/ family. I choose to set in bar, as it is very romantic,
w/ the "old brick & gas lights". The bar reminds me of a typical bar/resturant in New Orleans
that is over 100 yrs old!!! Ordered ribb dinner w/ baked loaded potato. Did not feel just these
2 items for dinner would fill me up, but when finished w/ meal, waitress asked if anyone at table
wanted desert. Told waitress I was so suprised to not have room for desert after just ribbs & A
"LOADED BAKED POTATO." Very good quality & professonal service each time I visit Houstons!!! Note: Waitress told us Memphis has the ONLY Houstons in TN.!! Another "plus" for Memphis Resturants!!! I see now why always a big crowd at Houstons for Dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank neil a
Forrest City, Arkansas
“Great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Prime rib is fabulous and the fries are the absolute best! We love going to Houston's and cannot wait to go back!

Visited November 2013
“Houston's: Elegant Simplicity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love this place. I am usually a late night diner and this place always seats me. Their menu has something for everyone with seasonal specials. Everything I have ordered over the last ten years has been prepared perfectly. The dining room is richly decorated with red seating, dark woods, and nicely dimmed lighting. And there is a speaker above each table playing excellent music! They have a well rounded wine list which I take advantage of every visit. The staff is ultra-professional and I feel that my business is appreciated, especially when I am personally greeted by J.R. I highly recommend the shrimp appetizer, tuna salad entree and a bottle of Mi Sueno.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Beefboat

Been to Houston's? Share your experiences!