“Good Bow Tie Pasta In Vodka Cream Sauce”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Description: Amerigo is a locally owned Italian restaurant in Memphis, TN. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Saturday & Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. Reservations, private dining and catering services are available for groups.
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

If you read any of my food reviews you know I like pasta. So while in Germantown I looked for a pasta place. I stumbled across Amerigo which was in a shopping complex. I ordered bow tie pasta with crumbled Italian sausage in a vodka cream sauce. Pasta wasn’t home made but the sauce was flavorful and sausage was good. It was so good I went back a second time and ordered it again. Again it was very good. Amerigo serves a complementary focaccia bread and oil for starters. It was ok. The first time I went I ordered a side salad with my pasta. The Italian dressings on the salad was bland so when I went back a second time I just ordered the pasta. But I can vouch for the bow tie with sausage pasta.

Date of visit: July 2018
Allison W, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Hi James,

Thank you for the feedback! It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Amerigo. The bow tie pasta & sausage with vodka tomato cream is one of our most popular dishes-- we love to know that you loved it! Thanks again for the review; we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Had lunch at this restaurant recently as part of a family reunion. We had 9 people in the party. Amerigo easily accommodated our group by accepting the reservation the day before.
The table was ready when we arrived at the reservation time.
The luncheon menu has enough variety for anyone. The fried catfish Friday special proved to be the most popular with our group with 5 out of 9 having that item. The catfish was fried to perfection and served with French fries and coleslaw.
Others had salmon, chicken Caesar salad, veal Marsala and veal piccata.
The wine by glass offered a large selection.
We were allowed to have a leisurely lunch. Our server Michael was friendly, attentive and efficient.
Highly recommend Amerigo.

Date of visit: June 2018
Allison W, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the review! We're delighted to hear that your recent visit to Amerigo was a memorable one. It sounds like Michael guided you through a delicious luncheon-- Friday's fried catfish is not to be missed! Thanks again for sharing your feedback; we look forward to seeing you back again for a future visit!

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here today. The food was ok. Not good - just ok. We both had shrimp bisque and I didn’t like it at all while my husband thought it was good- although he agreed that the shrimp had a very mushy, odd texture. He actual bisque was thick and just average at best. I had the cannelloni - between the al dente pasta, the melted mozzarella and the somewhat tough chicken the dish was very...chewy. The flavor was good though. Husband’s veal piccata was very lemony. Probably would not come back.

Date of visit: June 2018
4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Hi Kristi, thank you for your recent visit to Amerigo. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of providing you and your husband with a five-star experience. Mediocrity is far from we strive for here, so it is disappointing to learn that you found your selections to just be "ok". It sounds as though our execution was lacking, and I sincerely apologize for how this affected your meal. I'd love to speak with you determine when you dined with us and how we can regain your patronage. Would you mind sending me your contact information to ali@amerigo.net at your convenience? Thank you for sharing your feedback; I am hopeful for the opportunity to make it right!

Ali Gensert,

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We enjoyed a recent visit to Amerigo Italian restaurant in Memphis this past week. Entering the restaurant we were immediately greeted by the hostesses who explained that would be a 25 minute wait. We asked if we could sit at the bar and order and she said no problem and took us to the bar where we took a couple of seats.

We were immediately greeted by the bartender Tonya who had a big smile and was very welcoming and hospitable. We ordered a couple of beers and she proved to be very knowledgeable of the many craft beers that the restaurant had on tap. We ordered our dinner.

Service was quick and efficient. Tonya checked on us often to insure satisfaction.

Food quality was excellent. Food was served on hot plates and was very tasty. Portions are large and we didn't leave hungry. We found the prices to offer good value for the meal. I enjoyed the fried calamari, served hot and nicely breaded, the accompanying sauces a perfect complement. The chicken parm was delicious, the sauce yummy good. I had a side of spinach and it was also very good. My wife had the salmon, she ordered the small portion and we were both happy to see the generous portion, cooked perfectly and presented nicely.

This was an excellent meal in a very busy restaurant that has it going well, excellent food, equally good service. We highly recommend Amerigo.

Date of visit: June 2018
Allison W, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Hi Haddon,

Thank you for the five stars! We're delighted to hear that your recent visit to Amerigo was a memorable one. It sounds like you tried many of our most popular dishes-- the Chicken Parmesan is always a winner! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience; we hope to see you and your wife back again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Loved Amerigo!!! The food, service, and ambiance was great! Our only disappointment is that we didn’t like the cheese fritters. The rest was incredible. We had both the catch of the day and salmon on the cedar plank. They were both incredible. My husband loved the lasagna.

Date of visit: May 2018
Allison W, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the review! It's a pleasure to hear that your recent visit to Amerigo was a memorable one. It sounds like you tried many of our most popular dishes-- the five-layer lasagna is always a favorite! Thanks again for your kind words; we look forward to seeing you and your husband back again soon!

Amerigo

Been to Amerigo Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!