“Great outing”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Amerigo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,474 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Description: Amerigo is a locally owned Italian restaurant in Memphis, TN. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. Reservations, private dining and catering services are available for groups of all sizes.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family went to dinner here my birthday, which happens to be New Years Day. I was happy to find that they were open that day and everyone working there seemed in great spirits - not unhappy to be working on a holiday.
The atmosphere was cozy, and for a while, our party of 5 had the little back room all to ourselves. We arrived in time to order off the Early Bird menu, which is a fantastic deal (although we ordered off the regular dinner menu too). Our food arrived with no timing issues, and spaced out comfortably. And oh the food - everything was delicious!
I know we will return - I could see this as a great before-a-movie or theater place, to get drinks and appetizers (and maybe come back later for dessert!)

2  Thank BoogieWoo
There are newer reviews for Amerigo Italian Restaurant

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent menu, sexy atmosphere, great service, easy parking, mid-range pricing. Features wood-fired offerings that were fantastic Large horseshoe bar great for meeting friends before dining.

2  Thank john72653
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I ordered Penne Pasta with Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and added grilled chicken. It was a wonderful dish. Pasta was cooked Al Dente and had a perfect bite and texture. The mixture of tomatoes, goat cheese and grilled chicken was also perfectly balanced. (Just not enough). Because it was so enjoyable, I wanted more of the sauce. My family ordered planked salmon (2 family members) and one ordered planked grouper. All I heard was "yummy" sounds. We ordered two bottles of reasonably priced Robert Mondavi Chardonnay. We also ordered for appetizers: calamari and cheese artichoke dip. Both were excellent. For dessert: key lime pie, and two Gelatos: Eggnog and I think peppermint... both were excellent. I had the Eggnog and it was a bit sweet, but I didn't leave any in the bowl. We had reservations and we seated at 7 and didn't leave until 9:30. At no time did we feel rushed to leave and the restaurant was very busy.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great place for a business lunch. The wood fire cedar plank food is by far the best, but everything on the menu is very good.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is a comfortable restaurant that has a good bar, a great menu, and excellent service. The menu tends toward Italian, but this is also a good place for fish lovers. I like the fish on a plank. The pizzas are wood fired and delicious. The salads are fresh and tasty. In fact, there is nothing I dislike about this restaurant. We sometimes sit in the bar area for an early light supper and a glass of wine. Other times, we host a dinner with friends. We never go wrong here.

1  Thank Teresa D