“Just right all the time”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,538 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgeway
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It's a pleasure to walk into a fine dinning establishment even if it is a chain and have the secure knowledge that your money is well spent.
That name is a strange one. Attitude is the one thing in a good restaurant that I can't praise enough but bad atitude is equally as depressing. They seem to cultivate obnoxious servers here, all in all my steak was cooked to perfection and the Rothchild was manufique.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went here to celebrate my husband and uncle's birthdays. Made reservations three days before due to our party size of 10 people.

Oops, total blond moment - I accidentally told them 8 people over the phone and we were seated before I realized that my parents had yet to arrive and nowhere to sit. I let the front staff know my error and they were very kind to get us a new table together within 10 minutes. Although I'm pretty sure they were talking about me behind my back (dumb blond) and I didn't blame them.

Food was amazing! We ordered yummy stuffed mushrooms and salad for apps. You order your meat and pick a side(s) to share with another or family style. The stewed (broiled?) tomatoes and cheese potatoes were very good and gone quickly. The creamed spinach was decent and not eaten as much. The asparagus was terrible. I make better at home with just olive oil and kosher salt.

The steaks are as you imagine from a steak house, juicy and tender. Please order it medium rare. My aunt ordered her steak well done and I know it broke the chef's heart to over cook it.

My sweet sister brought in 2 cupcakes from Sweet Sensations (Tipton County) and the waiter brought them out with a candle at the end of our meal. They also put a birthday card and cute little birthday confetti on the tables.

We had a great night celebrating. My father (the steak master) said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We save our loose change all year in order to take a granddaughter to a fine restaurant once a year without feeling guilty. This is a pretty grown-up place, but they had a birthday greeting waiting for her at her place and birthday glitter decorations on our table. Great service, excellent food, save up your pennies!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The restaurant was very nice and quiet. A nice place to go to relax from the heat, but the price of the food was out of this world. The steaks to me were just ok. I like mine cooked on a grill and they cook theirs in butter and in an oven. Now their sweet potato casserole is probably the best sweet potato anything I have ever ate. The manage told us that it is on the internet, so we have looked it up and will try to make it.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Some will tell you about great local places, or other great chain steak houses. I have entertained many clients in Memphis. They all agree. In Memphis, Ruth's Chris serves the best steak, period. I have never had a bad meal at any Ruth's Chris.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!