“BURNED Popovers”
Review of Paulette's

Paulette's
Reserve with OpenTable
Paulette's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Island Drive
Description: One of Memphis's favorite restaurant's for the last 42 years, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also available for private parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners and business functions. Serving French and American Cuisine with a Southern flair. Located at the AAA four diamond rated River Inn of Harbor Town Boutique Hotel.
Reviewed November 30, 2007

i have been an customer since the 80s...business has drop, don't know why...went to take my family in Sept 07 and Nov 07...twice they served burn popovers (bread) i did not want to spoil the evening (7pm) to compliant but i did email the manager Carrie the next day...she made excuse by saying that the popovers were left under the heated lamp too long...i will relay the information to the owner...

Reviewed November 17, 2007

Paulette's has a great atmosphere. I went with my family for brunch on Sunday morning. There was a live piano with songs from musicals and movies. I ordered the French Toast, which was absolutely amazing. Nice variety; something for everyone. In Overton square in Midtown.

1  Thank mrmatt07
Reviewed May 29, 2007

I was searching online for Memphis restaurants and stumbled upon this restaurant, and boy am I glad i ate here. The food was wonderful! My boyfriend and I arrived for an 11:30 brunch on a sunday afternoon. We were greeted by a friendly waitress and served warm popovers and strawberry butter...simply wonderful. We continued to order and had a very nice, relaxed lunch. By the time we left the restaurant was packed. The brunch had a piano player and the decor was charming. I would definalty eat here again if I visit Memphis again.

2  Thank MagyarNY
Reviewed April 4, 2007

I had the good fortune to wander in for Sunday Brunch. A nest of little Southern Belles and their mother were at the table next to me, and the decor was classic Tennessee. The ambience made brunch even better, and MAN was the food good!

Words fail me when trying to describe the warm popovers with strawberry butter, the perfectly seasoned green beans, or peasant potatoes with parsley and thyme. Let me try the entree. Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce. If you cook, you know that deep-frying "loose" food is tricky. If the oil's too cold, your meal turns into a grease bomb. If it's too hot, your food immediately scorches and can't be rescued. These salmon cakes were perfect. Black-brown like falaffel out on the outside. Salomony and fluffy on the inside. Not a touch of oil inside, except that of the salmon. Finish that with a 2003 Pinot Gris, and ohhhhh, Nelly!

1  Thank smokeorange
Reviewed January 22, 2007

We were in Memphis for the weekend, in the past we have loved Sunday Brunch at the Peabody for the overall experience; however this year we decided to try Paulette's. I am already trying to plan the next time we can make it to Memphis for Sunday Brunch!
The mid-town area is a great area of old buildings - the atmosphere is simple and romantic, great southern charm. The piano player was a treat. The service was great! The food was out of this world. The popovers with Strawberry butter were wonderful - ask for the recipe, they have them printed out for you!
Don't leave without having dessert - the strawberry crepes I still am craving some more!!
I can't say enough about how good this was!

4  Thank TXFamilyinLR

Been to Paulette's? Share your experiences!