“No way that is a home made pizza crust”
Review of Broadway Pizza

Broadway Pizza
Ranked #285 of 1,475 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have visited the new Broadway pizza on Mendenhall twice now. Does this place have a manager????? Pizzas sit behind the counter before one of the 15 people walking around with nothing to do will acknowledge it. It seems to take forever to get a pizza ( i have called ahead both times) . The topping of the pizza are plentiful and good. Why do the toppings and cheese come off the crust so easily. No sauce to speak off. I have ordered 4 pizzas, they all have this same problem.
I am very disappointed in this place so far---- no cheap by any means-- this place really needs to tighten up and have management actually present so they can see what is going on.
very disappointed!!!!!

2  Thank rjblackjack
There are newer reviews for Broadway Pizza

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Took an 'interesting' drive across Memphis in order to reach the Broadway. A lively, Sunday night atmosphere greeted us, loud, raucous and unrefined. Authentic in a way that Pizza Hut will never be. Service was welcoming, friendly and snappy. Starters huge, pizza's huger, see picture on review for detail. Almost as thick as it was wide. Craft beers to wash it down. Off the beat area but obviously a destination eaterie. Nice.

1  Thank marksw3960
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The toppings were good but the pizza crust had no flavor, hardly no sauce, and we had to wait like a hour to get our pizza and when it came out it wasn't very warm.. We had a good waitress but that was about it I will not be back

2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I understand this place is supposed to be nostalgic, but nostalgia isnt dusty and ceiling tiles that appear to be dirty and saggy. Service was ok, the dining area was real noisy due to children climbing and yelling all over the machines. We ordered hotwings and fried green tomatoes and a broadway special 16 inch pizza. THe place was not full(no where near it) however, it took a while (almost 30 minutes) to get appetizers and the wings were done, but half of them were cold. FInally we get our pizza, it looked great. The amount of toppings were very satisfying however the flavor was not. The hamburger wasnt seasoned at all, very little cheese and hardly no sauce. 46.00 and we were gone. The crust was tasteless, totinos frozen pizza has more flavor than this did. I will not go back.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was attending an event across the street this particular Sunday night and arrived a bit early. My friend and I were cold so we popped into Broadway Pizza House to grab a coffee. We decided to give the pizza a try and ordered a barbeque with onions (we were in Memphis so, why not indulge in the city's specialty cuisine?)

I can say without a doubt, this pizza was the most delicious barbeque pizza I've ever had. I wanted to order another one but we did not have the time to wait. I ended up meeting the owners who could not have been nicer. After the event, we went back to try their desserts, which were also divine (slices of carrot cake at $2 per slice).

Memphis is blessed to have such a great pizza place. Exceptional pizza is hard to find. This place, based on my single experience, has it. I found out later that it has been in the same location for 36 years. That's success! Now back in New York, I wish that Memphis' Broadway Pizza was based in Manhattan, as I live one block from Broadway here. If the owners are reading this, I hope they get the hint. I think they'd do well wherever they opened.