“So excited”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Abilene, Texas
“So excited”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

So saw this place on TV a few times and heard all the raves. I ordered damn near one of everything the BBQ nachos, the spagatti and pulled pork sandwich. Now it was ok just didnt live up to what I was hoping for.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ash A

“Maybe my expectations were too high”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Don't get me wrong, the BBQ was good and our waitress was friendly, but I expected the actual BBQ to be more memorable. I would not go out of my way for this. But if I was in the area, sure, I would go back.

• Visited July 2013
Universal City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The hype is way too much for awful food”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The restaurant stays open till 10:00, but the food checks out way before. Everything was dry and we ate the sampler plate which has a little of everything. The beef ribs were so, so dry, and the pork rib had a fishy taste, yes, fish!! This place was a huge disappointment.

• Visited June 2014
Staunton, VA
“Great service, iffy location, good meat”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

There is an eat-in side and a carry-out side, which we visited. The girl who took our order was super sweet and friendly. I loved her. It was well worth the dicey location just to chat with her.

Overall, this place seemed kinda dirty and tired, but the food was good. I had a chopped pork sandwich and sweet potato pie. The pork was tasty but with so much sauce I couldn't really taste any smoke flavor. It did taste good, though. The pie had good structure but was so super-overly-sweet that I couldn't eat it. This was above and beyond sweetness. Now I know how downhome folks cook and have eaten plenty of sweet southern food in my life, but this was too much.

Since it is impossible to try everything at every BBQ restaurant, I still say this is a good place to visit. They are known for ribs, but I'm not into ribs. Still, I would recommend them if you are in the area. I'm not sure how safe I would feel after dark, though.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Curtis24401
Savannah, GA
“Good barbecue, especially for an airport spot”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had been in Memphis all week but no barbecue. Stopped by this spot at the Memphis Int'l Airport so I could remedy that. Also recognized the Neely name. My sandwich was very large and the sauce was tasty. Also found "no fat" which is a big plus for me. Sweet tea was disappointing as it tasted like it was made from a concentrate - not fresh. Would probably go back here again.

• Visited May 2014