“a winner!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Interstate Barbecue

Interstate Barbecue
Ranked #184 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“a winner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've spent a 3-day weekend in Memphis and visited a total of 6 BBQ places. This was the best, hands down. Great value, great rib tips, awesome sides, and superb service. Which is something you can't say about many places nowadays. It is open late, which is great for overseas tourist that are used to having dinner at 9 or later like us, and it's not far from downtown. The place is really neat and not run down like others we've been to in the same area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vickita78

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Que!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Good food. The best baked beans that I had the entire time we were in Memphis. Their wall of fame is intimidating. The best part is they deliver!!

Visited May 2014
Oxnard
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This was my third time to interstate BBQ. I am never disappointed. The ribs fall of the bone with great flavor. Great flavor in the beans and my wife loves the chopped pork sandwich with slaw. One hint if caution, if you are sensitive to spice/heat, the BBQ spaghetti can be a little spicy. But I really enjoyed it. Great food for a fair price.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tracey S
Paris
“Not All That”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have seen BBQ show after show about places in Memphis. I have tried several and found some really good BBQ in Memphis. This was not it. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad it just didn't live up to the hype. I will say the smoked turkey was really good. If I ever end up at this place again I will try the ribs or have the smoked turkey. I was really disappointed in our service as well. I really don't think all the waitresses were that bad just ours. She got my drink wrong and I didn't see her again until our food showed up so I just drank it. We didn't see her again until she got ready to bring our check. Both of our drinks were empty and had been half the meal. No kidding it took her five minutes to get back with drinks. It was not busy at all. There were about eight tables with folks at them and at least two or three waitresses. Way to many great BBQ joints in Memphis for me to go back here after my experience. In their defense I judge BBQ pretty hard I am very fortunate to have several good BBQ places fairly close to where I live.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best BBQ in Memphis!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is hands down, the best bbq in Memphis. Memphis is known for its flavorful bbq, however not all places in the area live up to their name. Fortunately, Interstate BBQ lives up to its reputation. I saw this bbq restaurant on a tv show and decided to give it a try. The presenter gave the restaurant rave reviews, so I decided to give it a try being that it was in the area. I drove 2 hours but felt like it was well worth it upon trying the food. I ordered the sampler platter which consisted of a variety of different popular dishes. The ribs were so tender; the meat fell off the bone. The bbq spaghetti was a tasty, unique dish. The only complaint I can give this restaurant is its location. It isn't located in the worst area of Memphis but it certainly isn't the best either. I wouldn't have found this restaurant had it not been for my handy-dandy GPS.

• Visited September 2013