“Stopped by after seeing it on tv”

Interstate Barbecue
Ranked #250 of 1,494 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well like we all know tv is full of crap.me and my wife stopped here on our last day in town.my wife had the smoked turkey breast ,and I had the ribs and we shared the BBQ spaghetti.to keep this short the turkey was had to chew the ribs were over cooked and the spaghetti was mushy. Tv made this dirty spot look so good don't make the same mistake we did thanks travel channel for wasting our time and money.

1  Thank NEWJERSEYSCOTTIEG

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We shared a serve of the ribs which was awesome! The sides were great too.

Service was a very slow but once we ordered everything was out super quick.
This was one stop one US Roadtrip where we tried a lot of BBQ and this place was hands-down best ribs and a great price too.

Very unsuspecting location and building.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I shared the sampler platter. It was good- a good portion to try everything. We especially liked the pulled pork and the brisket, which is also served chopped. As basically nc locales, we were a bit surprised by all the sauce- tasty but we missed the vinegar edge to cut some of the fat.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

On a road trip thru Memphis, and had to try Interstate Barbeque. Wife had ribs, and I had smoked turkey. Ribs were OK, but not equal to Rendezvous or Corky's. Smoked turkey was watery, as if it came off steam table. The sauce has a nice "kick" to it. Coleslaw, beans, and potato salad were all pretty good. Service was poor, even though only 1 other occupied table in the place.

1  Thank PawPaw57
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ate an early dinner (5:30 PM) at Interstate BBQ on 3rd street just south of downtown Memphis and really enjoyed it. The meats are prefect and the sauce is fantastic. We had the sampler platter and devoured it...Ribs (beef and pork) Pulled pork and pulled beef and 3 sides! Loved the BBQ spaghetti and the Baked beans! Great Eatin' Will go back next time in Memphis. Driving Tip: Take I55 South to the Mallory Avenue exit and go east (left) drive about 5 minutes, turn right on 3rd Street and you're there. Yum!