“Surprise Lunch”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Reviewed January 15, 2019

My aunt and I stopped in for an early lunch. We were seated right away and there were few people there as it had just opened. Shirley got the shrimp and mahi with lemongrass sauce - plenty of seafood and the sauce was excellent. They could even hold the peppers out of it. I had to finish it off for her. I had the buttermilk chicken jibaritos - three buttermilk fried chicken on flattened, fried plantain sliders I had to take some of it home, especially because I also ordered a house salad, which was enormous. Too full for dessert - we will return!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Everything we had in our group of 10 was wonderful, but the service was slow and server didn’t seem to care.
Try the jerk chicken pasta as it is amazing.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018

We have eaten at Bahama Breeze several times with a good meal each time. They used to serve a bow tie pasta that has been discontinued, it was my wife's favorite and the reason we selected Bahama Breeze. It has a friendly staff and we have always had good service.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I met a co-worker here because it was close to our hotel and I was intrigued with a Bahama concept. It was a nice day mid 70s so we opted to eat outside when given the choice. (The AC inside was a bit too cool for us that day). We were there in time for happy hour and took advantage of the $5 Mojito Cubano drinks and then ordered from the dinner menu. The drinks were larger than I expected, but we were ok with that. The menu is extensive and I was please seeing Jamaican dishes on the menu. How often do you see Ox tail or Goat offered in a American Restaurant Chain? (Yes, it is a regional chain) I opted for to try the Tilapia-Shrimp Oscar which included asparagus and mash sweet potatoes. ($20.99) Here is where I am giving it a mixed review. The fish/shrimp and asparagus were at the appropriate temperature but the mash sweet potatoes were cold! Mind you they still tasted good, I just can't figure out how one out of the three item on the dish ended up cold. It was off putting. Service was good, place is charming. I would come back here and try again. Maybe I should have ordered the ox tail.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Stopped on the way home from a trip. Food and drink both excellent. Atmosphere great too. Inside and outside dining avalible.

Date of visit: September 2018