“Great burgers”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This place has great burgers and fries. They've reused their oil since 1912. It makes everything taste 100x better! This is a great, laid back place to grab a burger on Beale Street. The staff is super friendly and they even have a local beer.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

it's a burger made out of really old grease. The place didn't seem well taken care of to me. The hallway to the restroom seemed cluttered. I don't know what the 100 year old grease adds.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went to Dyers due to a recommendation of a friend. The restaurant is located in lower Beale street.It is a 50's style Burger place. Their claim to fame is their original 50's Burgers.The food is ok nothing special. If you like this type of burger you will like it a lot.the service is very nice .I must say I had only the single cheese burger with fries. The double or triple burger might be better.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I heard of this place because of a show on Travel Channel and it was awful!!! The fries were cooked in oil too hot, so they were completely soggy. The burger was ok. The service was the worst ever!!! The only good thing about my visit was the root beer float. Take my advice, skip this one!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife insisted that we try a Dyer's hamburger, a 100 year old burger place. The secret to their burger is that like so much Southern food it is fried in grease (not necessarily a bad thing). I was expecting a little better burger since it is so highly rated. It was good and greasy but in my opinion nothing really special. On the other hand it is very reasonably priced; a double burger with fries and drink for $8.50. That's not bad. Also as one reviewer said, the patties are rather small.

Don't expect quick service though. There was one waitress on the Sunday (a little before noon) we were there and she was waiting on a nearly full place. She also ran the cash register and picked up; everything but cooking. We were there for over an hour.

Be forewarned parking in the Beale St. area can be problematic. There are a number of lots but noting on Beale St. itself on week-ends or Friday evenings.

Been to Dyer's Burgers? Share your experiences!