“Last minute change of plans...but hey....!”
Review of Blue Fin

Blue Fin
Ranked #642 of 1,700 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 5, 2018

We intended to go to another restaurant on Main St. but the traffic on the 40 was so bad (why can't there be better traffic flow for construction on weekends?) that we ran late. This place was almost empty...which one worries about raw fish and empty restaurants. At any rate, we were hungry and needed to catch a quick bite before a show. We ducked in and were seated immediately. Our waiter was solicitous, but when I asked about gluten free options, he said, "all sushi is gluten free."
Wrong. Way wrong.
Another waiter, Paul, overheard and jumped in, letting me know which options could be modified to make them gluten free. We ordered three different rolls to share and a couple of glasses of wine each and were pleased to receive a bill for $50.
Cool!
The atmosphere is interesting but not unpleasant. Ask for Paul to serve you. He's great. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. It's a good everyday dining experience...probably not an anniversary date dinner, but certainly in the "happy Friday" range.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

A fairly large group of us went here for lunch after the St Jude run. A couple places we tried to go to first didn’t have any tables available. It ended up working out well. We all had good meals and enjoyed ourselves. The service was adequate and everyone was polite and nice. I’d recommend it if someone asked me about it that had never been.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 25, 2017

This place has poisonous management. We stopped here to eat however we needed to use the rest room first,well that didn’t go over well with the manager he said, we couldn’t use the rest rooms after the hostess had indeed pointed them out. So he starter to verbally abuse my child and wife for using the bathroom. Of course at this point I basically told him to go ......... himself and that he is an extremely angry rude person without any personable skills at all. I wouldn’t eat there if it was free. Some of the things on my way to the rest room turned my stomach. I’m betting the food matches his extremely poisonous manner. I feel sorry for his staff as his rudeness was extended more so to me when I attempted to hold the door for his waitress while she rolled out a cart and he promptly pulled the door closed and commenced yelling at the waitress, the man is not deserving of having a place that serves the public, especially in such a nice area Do not go to this place ever ! you will regret it.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We read great reviews about this place. One of them stated that happy hour was from 4-7, so imagine our surprise when the waiter was like, "Nah. It's until 6!" Still OK because another review said they had the best sushi in town. Well. It probably would be if the portions weren't sized for small children. I got the Parrish Anxiety Disorder. It was good but small. My husband's sushi was even smaller. After having an extensive conversation about the Korean BBQ Chicken, our waiter forgot to add it to the order. So it came separately and well after the sushi. After offering to take care of anything else I wanted to order because he messed up the order, when the ticket came out, he had added the $5 roll I ordered. After all that, we ended up spending $75(not including tip).
Other than that, the drinks were good and strong.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I recommend the tuna tower it is a little spicy but so good. This place is super cool. The food was great. I also recommend the calamari appetizer it was truly amazing. On left in picture was tuna tower on right was one of the specialty rolls.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Blue Fin? Share your experiences!