“2nd visit did not disappoint”
Review of Havana's Pilon

Havana's Pilon
Ranked #130 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Since my first visit months ago, seating has been greatly expanded. Service very good and attentive. I had Ropa Vieja with sides of congri rice and sweet plantains. Very good and generous servings. Also shared a ham & cheese empanadas that was surprisingly large and tasty. My friend enjoyed his Cuban sandwich.

Based on my 2 visits, seems food is consistently high quality. I'll be back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Really enjoyed this restaurant. We ordered a lunch special, Picadillo, with Congri rice and plantains. We also tried an order of the shrimp empandas and ham croquetas. For desert, Cuban café con leche and guava and cheese empandas.

Ali and his mom were friendly. Service was fast for the lunch special and sides. The only place in Memphis for Cuban food. While there are places in Key West and Miami that are better, we really enjoyed the food and the prices are very reasonable.

I'll be a regular here.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Although it looks like they are expanding into the space next door, when I visited the restaurant was just a small room with a few tables and a refrigerator. But the staff was very kind and generous--I came at just about closing time. I ordered the Shrimp Mofango. Very nice. Lots of potential here and the prices are certainly reasonable.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is tiny - I MEAN tiny. When you walk in you immediately know you are in for something good based on smell alone! The smell of arroz con pollo, roasted pork, frijoles and garlic permeate the air of this cozy restaurant. You can eat in or take out - either way you won't be disappointed with this authentic Cuban eatery.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

There is not a lot of room to eat, but the staff was very friendly. Food was good. Prices were excellent