“Excellent choice for Cuban in Memphis”
Review of Havana's Pilon

Havana's Pilon
Ranked #150 of 1,445 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cuban
MEMPHIS
“Excellent choice for Cuban in Memphis”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I lived in Miami for six years and I know good, authentic Cuban food. This place is it! The staff is great, portions are the right size, and service is quick. Not very expensive, either. I will certainly be back. It is worth a try for sure. It is on Madison across from the Brass Door.

• Visited August 2013

Tupelo, Mississippi
“FINALLY ! A cuban restaurant in Memphis”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Small place downtown that you may walk or driver right past.... Take the time to find this place! Great food, authentic recipes and very reasonable prices.. Get the maduros ( ripe plantains ) and be comforted. Cuban sandwich is stellar. I live 90 miles away and this is the closest cubano restaurant outside of Atlanta. SOOO happy it is here.

• Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Authentic Cuban finally meets the Bluff City!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I heard about this new Cuban restaurant today. When I told my husband it took us only a few seconds to know where we were eating dinner tonight. We called in our order, so I went off my previous knowledge of some Cuban originals without having a menu. We both got Ropa Vieja (Spanish for old clothes) which is a yummy shredded beef in a tomato sauce. It came with two sides and we went with our favorites yuca con mojo (very yummy root vegetable), con gris (mixed black beans and rice), and tostones (fried plantains). The restaurant has only a few tables and some bar stools around the perimeter so we ordered to go. They do have some nice salsa music playing though. The staff are soooo friendly, and the prices are amazing. We loved our food. We got a look at the whole menu and will definitely be back. They also have specials M-F with 2 sides and a drink for $6.95! Check this place out, and let's get it on the map! You'll love it! Here is their website... www.havanaspilon.com

• Visited July 2013
Memphis,TN
“Tasty Cuban Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Came across Havana's Pilon and decided to give it a try, i'm glad I did. Luscious Fried Plantains, well seasoned Picadillo, Arroz con Pollo was good.I'd never had boiled yucca but it worked with both the picadillo and the red beans.
Everything was served quickly and simply, Next trip i'll try the empanadas and desserts....
Glad to see our dining options expanding in Memphis.

• Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Caribbean Cuisine in Downtown!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a small hole in the wall with a limited menu, yet I will go back until I try the whole menu!

Today's special was Ropa Vieja with 2 sides and a drink for $6.95. In downtown, you can't beat that! The tostones were great and the Congri rice was good. (I had the same in Puerto Rico last week, therefore it was a good point of reference).

The empanada was disappointing not only because they only sold Ham, ham and cheese or shrimp but also the shrimp empanada was half empty.

Next time I will have the Mofongo with Shrimp!

• Visited June 2013