“Great BBQ spot!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Hampstead, New Hampshire
“Great BBQ spot!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I loved this place - the BBQ is outstanding and the waitstaff is friendly and helpful. One caution - the sauces are HOT! Watch out for the mustard sauce in particular - it's runnier than you would expect and will gush out at you if you press the plunger too hard. I got a little bit of a burn on my hand for being too aggressive.

Visited September 2013

Yonkers, New York
“Disappointing BBQ”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ribs were not good. They were burnt and hard on the end. They were not meaty and did not fall off the bone. Beans tasted like they were out of a can like Campbells, fries were cold and mushy, and cole slaw was terrible. Big disappointment. Best ribs are at Park Avenue Barbeque in Florida.

Tampa, Florida
“It's Okay, But”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped overnight in Memphis for so authentic Memphis BBQ, so we went to Central BBQ and I told them that I wanted some damn good Memphis BBQ. The guy told me I was at the right place. Central BBQ is one of the top rated BBQs in Memphis according to sources I found on the Internet. I got the combination place which has ribs, pulled pork, and brisket with two sides (baked beans & coleslaw). The food was good, but I would not qualify it as damn good BBQ. The price was $23.50 which to my thinking is a little high for what you get. The next time I go to Memphis and want some Memphis BBQ, I will not go the Central BBQ.

ny/nj
“Great ribs and family joint”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a local treat. It is across from the historic Lorraine motel where Dr. King was assassinated and which has been preserved and built into a civil rights museum. (We did not see the museum--it is under renovation, but it is definitely worth crossing the street before dark to see this incredibly moving landmark.)

The restaurant has the best ribs in town and we were taken there by our family who live in Memphis. It was not touristy, not expensive, not fancy, (you order and pay first and get your own condiments), but definitely the best meal we've had in Memphis.

Visited September 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
“Mmmm pork!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Had the pulled pork which was tender & delicious. Meat was trimmed well & tasty. Loved the variety of sauces. Nice staff, reasonable prices & portions, and great patio seating.