“Good BBQ, not outstanding”
Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #13 of 1,445 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Good BBQ, not outstanding”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was really excited to go here after the disappointment of Rendezvous. I found that this was just a regular old BBQ joint. Not crowded. Got ribs, pulled pork, and brisket combo. The food was good, but not any better than something in North Carolina. The hot sauce was awesome, the service and atmosphere were good. This is a high quality place, but I guess I thought Memphis BBQ was going to be special and it was no better than what I have had all over the South.

• Visited September 2013

Columbia, Missouri
“Great pork! Mediocre sides.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We made a special trip here, eschewing downtown bbq joints -- I had the pulled pork sandwich - delicious. The sides we had, slaw and beans, not so good. The slaw was just slabs of marinated cabbage, the beans seemed out of a can then spiced up. My son said his ribs were just so-so.

Worth a special trip? Maybe not. A good location for a bbq joint though, right by the Civil Rights Museum -- also offers covered patio seating, a good idea on a drizzly Memphis afternoon. Also very family friendly; there were 2-3 families with very young kids running amok, a nuisance indoors but rather entertaining on a large patio. Also saw couples on dates, fellow tourists -- it gets all types. Prices were good, too.

• Visited August 2013
“Would try again”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had the nachos ... The pork was great but otherwise the nachos were plain. My husband had the brisket... he said it was good but I could tell he wished he ordered something else. I wasn't crazy about the BBQ sauces... but that was just me. I would go back again but try something else like the ribs.....

Visited August 2013
Niceville, Florida
“YUM!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I can’t believe this restaurant is #15! These are the best “wet” ribs in town. Not only was the food great but Nicholas made his way around making sure everyone was happy and enjoying their meals. When he got to us we had a chat about the food and about his upcoming trip top Panama City Beach since we are from the Florida panhandle. As a way of saying thank you for stopping in and chatting he gave us 4 Central BBQ cups and a bag of their very own slow and smoked Memphis style chips, classy The food is delicious, PLENTYFUL and very reasonable priced. Forget the rest, stop here.

• Visited August 2013
Belleville, Illinois
“Good Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The bar-b-q brisket we had was good, but sides were rather plain, especially the beans. Prices were reasonable.

Visited July 2013