“Cold beer and great ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #12 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Cold beer and great ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The dry rub ribs were the best I had while in Memphis. This location was very easy to get to with a short ride on the trolley from my downtown hotel. The mac n cheese was great with a little bit of their shake sprinkled on top. I also tried the fried pork rinds dipped in the mustard sauce and they were so good I had to buy some to take home.

Kuttawa, Kentucky
“This is the place for ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We rode the trolley from Beale Street to Central BBQ located next door to the historic Lorraine Hotel (Civil Right's Museum). We were there on a Thursday night around 8:00 p.m. There wasn't a crowd and we chose to sit in the back open air room. A perfect night for bbq! My friend and I split the three meat platter and had food left over! We ordered ours with ribs, pulled pork and smoked turkey. Our sides were Mac n Cheese, and potato salad. 2 Rolls came with our platter too. $23.99 for some really, really good food! A bargain! Our ribs were smokey and perfectly sauced. They were tender & juicy...just perfect. The pulled pork had a great smokey flavor too. The smoked turkey had a little kick to it around the edges. Just right spice! Really good! We enjoyed every bite and will return upon our next trip to Memphis! Wish I had a rack of their ribs right now!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Go for the WINGS Not BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Been several times. BBQ & ribs are not bad but you can find better elsewhere in Memphis. (I'm a Memphian). What's good here are chicken wings -which you can also find a ton of good ones in Memphis. But these are some of the best. I like the dry spice. Get a Memphis crafted Ghost River draft beer and your set. Some people like the mac & cheese but I've never had it. Been to all 3 locations and always find them to be unkept -on the dirty side. Keeps me from going more.

Taylorville, Illinois
“Great BBQ close to downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We loved our experience at Central BBQ. From the moment we walked in, we experienced southern hospitality. There was a lot to offer on the menu, and the prices are very reasonable. We ate on the outdoor patio and enjoyed it on the nice evening. We had a view of the Civil Rights Museum and could hear music coming from Main St. Would recommend this compared to others because it is close to downtown, yet fare enough away from the busy atmosphere to enjoy! You MUST try the chicken nachos, they are the best!

Collierville, Tennessee
“Excellent Downtown Memphis BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate the other day at the Butler Ave location of Central BBQ. The portions are big, the prices are moderate, and the BBQ was excellent. I had the regular pork sandwich with cole slaw and hot sauce. The hot sauce was hot but not so much as to take away from the taste of the pork.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!