“One of my favorites in Memphis”
Review of Chiwawa - CLOSED

Chiwawa
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I have been here multiple times. We have both enjoyed everything we have had from the nachos and tacos to the hot dogs. The drink menu is also great - I highly recommend the Bluff City Sunset. We have sat outside every time and the last time there was a Vaudeville-ish band (can't remember the name) playing. We have always found to the service to be good. Agreed that it can get a bit pricy but we've always had an enjoyable experience and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

It's almost comical; the waiting staff, bartender, and host are all socializing with their friends and watching television. I'm still here and I'm tempted to shoot a video of this. In addition, the waiter acts as if we are inconvencing him with our presence given the fact we are here to eat and willing to tip. Terrible atmosphere and service, obviously.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a hot Saturday evening.
We love their outdoor patio,even though only a limited amount of small umbrellas!
A large "Sail type" cover would be more appropriate with hot summers in Memphis.
Still a good place to chill.Decent selection of wine and beer.
Menu is cute but not substantial .
Like I said a place to chill and relax, not for a dining night out on the town.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife the other night ob a recommendation from friends. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere reminded us of cancun. The food was great ! Thw tacos which I had 3 diff ones were incredible. Also waitress recommended a "mexican" coke which was a nice change from an everyday coke. Yes $3 to $5 for a single taco sounds like alot, bur they are far from the ordinary tacos you get at most typical mexican restaurants.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The tacos are all sold in singles so it gets pretty $$ considering they are 3 to 5 $ a piece. And they aren't anything grand just very average