“A pizza pie ... About the size of the moon... Now that's love.”

Rock 'n' Dough Pizza Co.
Ranked #209 of 1,467 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Pizza
“A pizza pie ... About the size of the moon... Now that's love.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I finally had the opportunity to try Rock'n'Dough's Store front location this past weekend.

Everyone keeps asking me how it was and my initial response, 'Its massive' ... Really the pizza is monstrously huge. When I was ordering my pies to pick up, the nice lady (with the fabulous accent) on the other end of the line tried to explain their sizes. She said 'A small is about rite for one person and a medium for two.' Well I'm not quite sure what 'people' they are using as their standard of measurement when it comes to pizza consumption but It surely isn't anyone I know (well maybe my mom - but even this pizza may be too much for her).

I ordered a small vegan, a large half fun guy half margarita, and a slice of pepperoni. Hey ... Don't judge ... It was for multiple folks and future left overs.

They have a small dinning area practically inside their kitchen area. It's bright and cheerful and I like that you can watch them make your pie. Of course Saturday it was packed, I believe they where bringing outside chairs in to cram around already packed tables. But it was the cheerful kind of packed of folks being well fed.

Everyone at Rock'n'Dough is so friendly. I asked the aforementioned lady with the fabulous accent about the location and she was so adorable in her excitement over what looks to Be a success for Rock'n'Dough.

When they brought out my pizza boxes ... I nearly gasped. Really! They where huge.

I made my way through the narrow dining room, practically beheading a few patrons by the sheer girth of that box.

As soon as I got the boxes to the car I had to peek, surely the boxes where just over-sized ...

Wishful thinking. The large pie was delicious looking and massive. And I began to instantly think of how I was going to store all that pizza ... Because obviously we could not eat all of that.

The individual pepperoni slice I ordered was quite literally the size if my head ... If not larger.

At lunch time you can get one of these gargantuan sliced and a salad for for eight dollars or less.

The vegan was loaded with lots if yummy veggies and a creamy vegan cheese and it was good ... However there was this slight spice that was just a little off about the whole experience and I'm still having a hard time deciding if I can like the pie despite it.

The Fun Guy (fungi) pizza was great and very fungi ;)... I liked the Margherita pizza ... The mozzarella was particularly yummy ... It's just the tomatoes where cut very think for my taste ... Now dont get me wrong I really love tomatoes ... It's just I like that slightly caramelized taste they get in the pizza oven ... And these where just a bit too thick for that - just raw tomatoes, I also felt I could use more basil, then again that's personal preference.

I really like their sauce. It tastes fresh and herb'y' and yummy. I could have that on a bowl of angel hair pasta and be very happy.

Despite our best efforts over half of each pie was left and I had to individually wrap and freeze for another day ... there is conceivably enough to fee four or five folks for at least two meals.

What sort of pizza is this? Well it's that kinda of pie slice you get at the little pizza delis in New York. You know the random ones you find as you walk the streets and suddenly fancy a slice. The are massive and fold-able and the cheese strings out the sides when you do fold the slice in half so that you can actually get it in your mouth to get a bite. The crust is thin yet sturdy ... With a slight little crunch of cornmeal.

Yes I've been to New York a number of times over the years ... But not in the past year ... So it's nice to have a place rite here to remind me of one of the many reasons I love New York ... And Memphis for that matter.

• Visited January 2014

Germantown
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Probably the best pizza we've had in Memphis. Great crust, high quality ingredients, made with care, not just tossed on the crust. Not many tables to eat in, so consider takeout on busy nights. The featured pizzas are great, but we prefer ordering our own favorites from the make-your-own ingredients. Pay attention to the size options: large is LARGE.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Pizza night in Germantown!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Family night. Decided on pizza night. Brother ordered pizza from this restaurant and brought it home. Wow pizza was very delicious and very big slices. My brother said restaurant was very busy but everyone was very friendly. Food was very tasty

• Visited September 2013
jackson,tn.
“Awesome pizza”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The pizza is awesome and the service is top notch! Only thing I would do is expand to serve more people. Prepare to wait a little, but definitely worth the wait!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank twstdstng
memphis
“Best Pizza”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best Pizza in Memphis! Dough and ingredients are fresh and tasty! I wish the restaurant was bigger so you would have a better chance to eat.

• Visited August 2013