“Overpriced” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Georgia
“Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

The sandwiches were great and a decent size, however, they were overpriced at $6-7. Considering the audience is primarily children and families you'd expect the sandwiches to be $3-4. The drinks are also pricey. I was really disgusted to find a $5 off coupon in the museum scope flyer at the front desk after spending $20 for our meal (myself and my grandson). I had the buffalo chicken wrap and my 8 year old grandson had the ham and cheese sandwich. We paid $7 for his sandwich and he only ate half of it. We ended up throwing the rest away. I enjoyed the buffalo seasoning and spinach wrap flavors. The double espresso gave me an energy infusion. Unfortunately the price left a sour taste in my mouth. I would only visit again with adults.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Made to Order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We were not expecting to find such a well run cafe at the museum.

The service was friendly and efficient and not a pre made item in sight. Everything made to order... and absolutely yummy when it arrives.

Even the chocolate milk is made to order. Coffee superb. Smoothies fantastic. Hot chocolate wonderful.

Do stop by this cafe when visiting the museum, or even if just passing by.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Don't Miss It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you are headed to the Pink Palace, be sure to visit the Bella Caffe. My wife told me about a visit to to the museum where she stopped for lunch for the kids in the museum. Her report to me was "surprisingly good sandwiches."

The next visit to the museum, we sat down for lunch. The service was a bit slow, and a line quickly grew around the lunch hour, but the staff was very friendly, very courteous, and service oriented. We got three sandwiches and some pasta (I had the turkey) and the sandwiches came out on some delicous bread with plenty of fixins. There is standard fare like chips, soda fountain, and candy, but I had to agree with the wife, this was not some standard cafeteria sandwhich wrapped in plastic wrap sitting on a shelf, but a tasty and economical meal.

It's nice to have an option at a place like a museum that is not outrageously priced for an unimaginable and stale lunch. I look forward to eating there again, and encourage any patrons visiting the museum to stop in and see them.

• Visited June 2013