“Better than a buffet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Sushi
San Antonio, Texas
“Better than a buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

In a city riddled with bad Asian buffets and chain Sushi joints, this place was kind of a relief. We went here on a whim, and it was definitely not what I expected. The menu is extensive, and probably offers TOO many choices (usually a red flag in my book, but because it is an Asian restarant, it's to be expected) I ordered a little bit of everything and it came all at once. My edamame was overcooked...which has been my experience everywhere in Memphis where this item is offered. Everything else I had was decent and my husband loved his soup, hand roll, and intestines (yep, they even had that on the menu. The cocktails were decent, too. The best part was that we got out of there with full bellys and didn't have to break the bank.

Oxford, Mississippi
“Good Szechuan Food in Memphis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The food was really good and the servers were nice. My only negative aspect was that the American servers do not know exactly what ingredients are in the authentic Chinese dishes and the menu (English and Chinese) is not descriptive. For example, the server did not know the difference between Szechuan peppers and red chili peppers and could not tell me which items contained Szechuan peppers, from among the Szechuan specialties. If you love things that really burn, I tried one of the hot and spicy chicken dishes (Diced Chicken with Red Pepper, Szechuan Style) and it was great. It had the correct amount of numbing Szechuan pepper to soften the hot flavor of the sauteed chicken in a dish that was almost half dried red chili peppers. In China, they often use fresh chili peppers, but I have yet to find a Szechuan place in the US that goes to the trouble to use fresh chili peppers. I do not think fresh Szechuan peppers are even available in the US. My wife (from Shanghai) and I also enjoyed one of the bamboo dishes. Overall, it was good to see a place in the South where you can get things other than the usual Americanized Szechuan food.

• Visited December 2012