“Bring on los tostones!”
Review of Arepa and Salsa - CLOSED

Arepa and Salsa
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food is just great!! We had the tostones with pernil and tostones with chicken. Just delicioso!!
We also enjoyes the taqueñas with the garlic sauce...yummy!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The food here is fantastic. We had the shredded chicken and shredded beef Tostones and not only were they delicious, it was enough for dinner. The service was great. The atmosphere is average. Looks like your average diner inside.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm not usually a fan of south american food but I thoroughy enjoyed arepa and salsa. Fresh fruit juices, spicy empanadas and the tostones were all great.sauces on the side allow you to customise your flavor from mild to wild.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been here several times and am always ready to return, because it is so delicious and the staff is so friendly. The flavors are not unfamiliar, but in slightly different combinations. Arepas are similar to a corn-based pita, split and filled with meat and veggie combinations. Three sauces on the side (garlic, hot/red, and avocado/cilantro) are all delicious. Tostones sandwiches are served between flattened plaintains. I know it sounds strange, but it tastes so good. My wife had one with beef and black beans this time. I tried a new item on the menu (which helped me in not having to decide which arepa I wanted) which was called the national dish of Venezuela, but I can't remember the name. It looked like a giant taco, but was made from a thick, slightly sweet corn pancake. Filling was cheese and beef. Delicious. The beautiful side salad (not just some greens thrown in a bowl!) showed the care with which the food is prepared and presented, a feast for the eyes as well as for the mouth and stomach. We started with the Naked Arepas, a new appetizer, which was like nachos but with crisp-fried arepas as the base, topped with greens, meat and cheese, and a delicious sauce. Once again, it was a lovely presentation, not a bunch of tortilla chips tossed on a plate and covered with copious amounts of toppings. The new items have only increased the wealth of culinary riches at this place, making it even harder to decide what to get next time. Can't wait. Plenty of parking in back or ride there on the Trolley line to the stop just down the street.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been to this place 3 times already and every time I bring back people for the first time. Each time everyone loves the food and can't wait to come back. This time we had the empanadas (excellent), the tostones rellenos(outstanding) and the UFOs (just arepa bread).
The arepa de Pabellon is highly recommended! The only problem was a new server (young boy) who continued to mess up our bills and it took forever for us to leave and head back to work. We will be back many more times!!!

3  Thank CoolAb25