“Rude.”

Osaka
Ranked #661 of 1,498 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went one time. I was asked to leave. Apparently, it was a "soft opening" and only special guests were aloud on the site. The greeter or waiter or owner or...used his fingertips on the small of my back to push me to the exit. They told me to come back the next night. That was months ago. Osaka, if you want loyal customers, you need to learn to appreciate your clientele. By not allowing me to spend my money at your pseudo-Japanese restaurant, you've lost more business than you'll know...not just from me.

2  Thank EatinginMemphis_13

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

So had an early dinner here and thought the place looked kind of trendy but that was just the bar. Walking into the main restaurant area the trendy went away. It had a more family type atmosphere ala Olive Garden.
The food sãs average at best and the menu somewhat misleading. I ordered the calamari tempura and it had 3 pieces of calamari and the rest of the plate was tempura veggies. My shrimp skewers were over cooked and the veggies were unoriginal and dry.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Love this place for their sushi! So glad they have opened a restaurant in Poplar Plaza. The atmosphere is stylish and clean, and their service is polite and attentive.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food. Fun for the family, especially for kids. They enjoy the fancy cooking tricks. Lots of food for the price

Been to Osaka? Share your experiences!