“Almost a 4/5”

Frida's Restaurante Mexicana
Ranked #461 of 1,538 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Messed up my wife's dairy free allergy request which resulted in a replacing of her meal after we specified in Spanish and English her allergies.

Black bean dip was superb. Menu was varied and plentiful. I had El Jefe Grande Burrito, what a big portion.

Salsa and chips were spicy but still tasty. Very good.

Could have been a 5/5 if the waitress hadn't lost my credit card. Good thing my wife spotted it under the feet of the table patrons next to us.

A better experience would have easily been a perfect score.

1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

So, I've been to Frida's a number of times. It was a favorite for our book club. It's really well decorated with the dark, cathedral style chairs and brightly accented flowers. The atmosphere is great. The service is pretty good. However, recently the food has just been lacking. More than once I've thought, I can make these better at home...sad. So, it's not the best Mexican restaurant in Memphis, but the drinks are decent and the patio and decor are pretty to look at...

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The first time we were here we had a great experience. Tonight wasn't the same. The water tasted odd. The guacamole did not taste fresh. It was a busy Friday night and service was extremely slow. I noticed that the waiter had a table in our corner and then the exact opposite corner of the restaurant. That is poor management from the hostess or manager. This isn't fair for the waiter because the waiter was excellent when we had his attention. And by the way I am vegan and ordered vegetarian fajitas and had chicken in my fajitas. Unfortunately I had eaten most of my meal and was already full when I found the chicken piece mixed in with the mushrooms at the bottom of the plate. It is because of that we will not be back.

1  Thank Doug C
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We ate here one Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. Our server was very hurried the whole time, but polite. The restaurant was crowded (not super busy) but we still felt rushed. We had to ask for drink refills even when we moved our glasses to the edge of the table.
The chips were brought to our table warm; the salsa and queso were delicious. The guacamole had a strange bitter taste. We ordered the Shane King burrito and a chicken quesadilla. The food was delicious and served hot! The portions were very generous and we could have shared an entree. We were so stuffed we didn't attempt dessert.
We will return for this delicious food and hope for a more relaxed dining experience.

1  Thank eatout247
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

First time to visit this mexican restaurant in Mid-town. I have always learned if the parking is full then it must be a great place to eat.

We really enjoyed the food, service and there was a lot of food so you left full.

So go check it out !!!!!