“Sub standard sushi”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
“Sub standard sushi”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews and hoped for excellent sushi but maybe it was an off night but if this is one of the best sushi places in Memphis then I won't eat sushi in Memphis anymore. I am from Arkansas so I understand that the best sushi is not in the middle of the country but based on what I have eaten in many middle of the country places, this was not well done. The restaurant was clean and the service was fine. I won't mention decor because restaurants have to do what they can afford. But I got 3 sushi rolls. One specialty roll and two regular rolls. Taste was fine, nothing special, but the rolls were not rolled well at all. They fell apart as you try to eat them. I have eaten a lot of rolls and even taken a class on sushi. These were only average and apparently made by an unskilled employee. I hope it was just an off night. I won't go back next time I'm in town.

Visited November 2013

“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great Food, This is one of the best restaurants in memphis, while other places of similar styling lack on consistency I've enjoyed every time that I've visited this place

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Red Koi”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Red Koi is one of the best Japanese restaurants in Memphis! I eat there at at least one time a week, sometimes two and three times. I would definitely recommend Red Koi to anybody!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Willie G
“Amazing sushi ”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Literally the best sushi I have ever had! Very affordable too. The staff is so sweet and remember us when we come in

“Nothing Special”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have only eaten there one time.
The service was good and the food typical Japenese,very good small egg rolls,that were complimentry.
The decor was not too inviting.

• Visited March 2013