“Lots and lots of beer, good pub fare”

Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
Ranked #55 of 1,538 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Once again, a great beer place, amazing selection but not where you want to go if you want the Beale street vibe with live music. Brought home their beer menu to torture myself with all that stuff I can;t get at home.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went here a couple of times during our business trip to Memphis and what's not to like, pizza and beer.

I did try the hot pastrami sandwich and found it very much to my liking. Other in our group had pizza and my sample of it was also very good.

But do you go to a draught emporium for pizza, no you go for the beer. The beer selection was quite extensive but heavy on the European and eastern craft beers. I found nothing from the west where some of the very best craft beers are being made these days. In particular Colorado beers were very under represented. The only craft from Colorado was Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewing in Ft Collins. While good, it is hardly Colorado's best. Colorado has been ranked behind Munich as the best beer place in the world. They need to branch out a bit.

Still, a good afternoon with friends and a smooth Porter made for a very nice time.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We weren't really impressed with Beale St, so we walked around and stumbled upon this place. Lots of different beers to choose from and a pool table. It made for a great night!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Visiting friends in Memphis. Saw the ducks at the Peabody and then took the trolley ride on the loop. Eight of us decided to wet our whistles. The waitress immediately with no fuss set up a table for eight. We ordered beers and Bloody Marys. They have an extensive beer list. the Bloodys are hot. Five of our group left to walk Beale Street, but that did not disturb our waitress (Beer Goddess), she just kept serving. We ordered the Sheboygan Sandwich; excellent Brats.

one of our group was trying to describe the kind of beer he likes. She listened and then brought him two shot glasses with samples so he could pick. She asked if I wanted another beer and I pointed to the one I had, "again please". She told me they had a better IPA, but I stuck to my guns. She brought me a sample anyway. She was right, it was better. Never argue with a beer goddess.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

You cannot miss this bar when going to Memphis. When you get out of Beale Street with it's great bars and music, go there for a good beer in a glass in stead of plastic. Service is good for a huge bar like this. When we went there, the place was packed after a basketball game, but still the atmosphere was good and everybody seemed to get their food and drinks as they ordered and in due time.
Coming from THE beer country, we thought the imported beer was quite expensive, but that's the way it is in any big bar in a big city, right? But their beer collection has a beer for anyone's taste.