“Duck breast was to-die-for!”
Review of McEwen's On Monroe

McEwen's On Monroe
Reserve with OpenTable
McEwen's On Monroe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,459 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2ND & MONROE
Transit: Main Street Trolley stop is less than half block from restaurant entrance. Trolley stop located at Monroe and Mid America Mall.
Germantown, Tennessee
“Duck breast was to-die-for!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I eat at McEwen's regularly (probably too regularly) at lunch. I ate there with my husband, however, on the evening of Feb. 15th & had another WONDERFUL meal. I had the duck breast with steamed green beans and roasted potates/butternut squash. It was fantastic! The wine selection was great, and the wait staff was perfect!

1 Thank MemphisLawyer

Memphis, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“McEwan's to the max.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Everything. This is a talented chef. The ambience is perfect for downtown and the ever changing menu never fails to surprise and satisfy.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank M C
New Hampshire
“All around great!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great service and the best Chilean Sea bass I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. That was one of the best meals I have ever had. The staff was attentive and friendly, I had a great all around meal.

1 Thank Brian_in_NH
Mississippi
“first time there and really impressed”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We started with the fried oyster appetizer and the cheese and hummus plate. Both were absolutely delicious! I tried the pan seared grouper with lemon aioli and horseradish potatoes. I would have never have put this combo together, but it worked! There were more things I would have tried on the menu, but will try another time. My husband's bone in pork tenderloin was perfection. It was served with andouille grits. Yum! A whole table of 8 was served in perfect time to make a show at the Orpheum.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely a must!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Walking in downtown Memphis, I was really hungry and I needed to find a place to eat to cure my hunger and then I found McEwen's on Monroe. I walked into this place and immediately fell in love with it. They brought out warm biscuits which were warm and velvety and a perfect start to my meal. Minutes later, I received my entrée which was sweet potato encrusted catfish, topped with whole grain honey mustard sauce, this came with homemade mac and cheese and sautéed green beans (originally collard greens). This fish blew my mind, every bite was amazing with the crunch of the sweet potatoes and the subtle bite of the mustard sauce. Overall this was the epitome of Southern Hospitality!

1 Thank J9595