“Cool looking place. Horrible food.”
Review of Arcade Restaurant

Arcade Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arcade Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I went here for breakfast. He is from Memphis and I went to school here and we have strong ties here and much memphis pride. We both were so disappointed The biscuits were terrible; the pancakes were dry, Luke warm and uncooked; the country ham was not good; the hash browns were so burned u had to cut with a knife; and the eggs were okay. The gravy was packaged gravy but was the best part of the meal. When i asked for grits instead of hashbrowns the waitess brought them but never addressed how awful the food looked which was the most disappointing at all. The cook, the waitress, and a food runner all looked at our plates and could have cared less. No quality control at all. I have never weitten a bad review but between the horrible service, bad food, and $27.00 tab, I had to. Dennys downtown is much much better. Go here for coffee and experience but eat somewhere else.

1  Thank Wombli

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Arcade restaurant, the oldest in Memphis started in 1919, but it is stuck in the remodel they did in the 50's; and thank you very much for that. we are talking diner style, with booths and tables offering classics such as burgers, and liver and onions but also featuring more modern treats. I had an artichoke, goat cheese, sun dried tomato and pepper sandwich. Hubby had the liver and onions which were 2 huge pieces of liver, smothered in onions and gravy, 2 sides and a small bread pudding. The staff are super friendly and really enjoy their job. Fun spot.

1  Thank SFLollyPopCouple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

No trip to Memphis would be complete without a meal at the Arcade Restaurant. This is a historic old diner that's been here forever. The food is basically good. This is not a 5 star restaurant, but it deserves 5 stars because of it's history, it's an Elvis old hangout, it's in decent shape, and the food is good. If you can't appreciate landmark locations, don't come here and then knock it down on tripadvisor. I came here on my first trip to Memphis 5 years ago and enjoyed sitting in the Elvis booth, located near the back exit which Elvis would use and then run out the back door when fans got crazy. On my recent trip, I visited twice. The sweet potato pancakes are great-wish I could get these back home. Another meal was a vegetarian vegetable plate which I enjoyed. Good coffee, good service, good prices. Several movies have been shot here. Every time I went there was no wait, so I guess it all depends on timing of when you arrive.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast at the Arcade while visiting Memphis. I ordered a bacon and cheese omelet and my husband ordered the sweet potato pancakes with sausage. The service was very good and our coffee cups were kept full. My omelet had a ton of bacon in and on top of it and was very good. Skip the biscuits. My husband’s pancakes were excellent. It’s a nice old Elvis hangout.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed eating where Elvis ate. Good bacon and sweet potato pancakes. Like the old diner vibe. Only a few stores open in this South Main district. That was disappointing.