“Average food took forever to be served; stick to the breakfast menu”
Review of Arcade Restaurant

Arcade Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arcade Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,498 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 22, 2008

After a visit to the Civil Rights Museum, we decided to walk a few blocks to the Arcade for lunch based on the Tripadvisor reviews. We were seated immediately even though it was peak lunchtime on a Saturday (the cafe's location in a remote part of town might have something to do with that). Our waitress was perky and took our order almost immediately...and then it took our food 30 minutes to arrive. We thought it was just us but the table next to us, who had arrived before we got there, asked about their food as well. I ordered the Famous Arcade Cheeseburger, which apparently gets cooked well, no choice of doneness. It tasted just like I make at home, nothing special. Our son got the pizza, which looked like it was right out of the box. My husband got the turkey & swiss sandwich, which he said was good. This is where we learned our lesson: our daughter got the French toast meal, which comes with eggs and sausage. The eggs and F. toast were heavenly! So, if we ever go back, we'll be sure to order off the breakfast menu, which is served all day.

1  Thank NolaAmy

Reviewed March 19, 2008

Over rated. Dirty. Even though food is cheap, it is poorly made.

Reviewed March 9, 2008

I was in Memphis about 4 years ago and the memory of this place has stuck with me. I even kept the menu so I didn't forget the name. I am going back to Memphis this summer and I will definitely be eating here. The food was WONDERFUL. A unique blend of modern and traditional. The one dish that sticks out was a brie and pear sandwich, mmmmmm I can still taste it! A definite must stop while you are in Memphis, don't leave without a taste!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 15, 2008

The breakfast is wonderful! I can't think of anything that I've had there that I didn't like. Go, enjoy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Elivis may have frequented this joint, but I probably won't again, or at least for breakfast. They brought the wrong order for me at first, and when I finally did receive my omelette, it was runny and unflavorful. The vegetables in it were limp and tasteless, while the home fries to accompany the egg soup were burnt to a crisp.

Fun atmosphere, though.