“A bit of Nostalgia and some good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arcade Restaurant

Arcade Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arcade Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
New York
“A bit of Nostalgia and some good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We took a group to the Arcade for breakfast on the day we were leaving for the airport to return to NY. The place is an old soda fountain with old boots and it takes you back in time. The pancakes, bacon, eggs, grits, biscuits, gravy and coffee made for a great breakfast. The staff was warm and friendly, they catered to every need of the group. The only thing I did not like is once again, a group gets put in a dismal and boring room separate from the restaruant you came to eat at. I do understand that there was no room for the group in the front, but we didn't know that when we booked our group. We were also promised their famous sweet potato pancakes and only got the regular ones. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“A long history is no substitute for good service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Lunching at the oldest diner in Memphis was disappointing. The one gold star for this classic diner were the milkshakes. They were outstanding. The waitress just plumb forgot about us and our order. As a result my partner's cheeseburger was not hot, the bun was dry and crumbly and the cheese looked like an afterthought. If the Arcade is going to compete with the many good dining establishments in downtown Memphis, they need to step up their game. A long history is no substitute for good service.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank TxTrans
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food --- Place was Packed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I ate lunch here the past week and it was superb! The waitress was very nice and recommended the Eggs Redneck for my wife and the Famous Arcade Cheeseburger for me! It was one of the best burgers I ever had! Not just was the food outstanding, but the waitress spent about seven minutes with my family recommending tourist places, which were all great. Brooke, I think, was her name. Anyway, the place was packed and they use an old cashier. I don't think we heard a single person say anything negative when they were paying! We'll defiantly be back!

• Visited October 2012
MEMPHIS, TN
“Weird and Funky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This place makes you feel like you have been caught in a time warp- I come and go as to whether I like it or not- there are always some funky looking people to watch- but sometime I don't want to watch funky people. The food is ok- the service hit or miss- for us downtown locals it is an institution- but I don't really know why, other than it has been there since the great depression and has not charged one bit since. Some people just LOVE Memphis, and although they can not really explain why- I think this place embodies what they are feeling.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great history and ambience, so-so food, service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We had breakfast here. Elvis ate here, and I don't think the place has changed at all since then. Kind of neat from an historic perspective. The food was okay. May have been left in the window too long, as it wasn't piping hot. Had to ask for coffee refill. The place was full, so the servers were busy. Glad we went, even though it wasn't overly fabulous, as restaurants go.