“I love Huey's”

Ranked #38 of 1,537 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Huey’s has been serving up Blues, Brews, & Burgers since 1970. Perhaps the most unique characteristics of our Huey’s locations are the graffiti wall and shooting toothpicks into the ceiling! Our mouthwatering burgers have been voted Best Burger since 1984 by the Memphis Magazine’s Reader’s Poll. Sundays at Huey’s are renowned for live music- jazz, blues and perhaps a little rock from local and regional groups. Not only do we serve great burgers, but we also believe in giving back. Huey’s supports a variety of different community organizations, schools, and local charities.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have lived in Memphis twice And visited often after i moved. Huey's is one restaurant i always seek out. It is non pretentious and has great food. The wait staff fluctuates but always seems to have a great attitude. I always buy some of their seasoning salt to take home. One of my favorite burger joints in the country!!

shannonl649, Marketing and Events Coordinator at Huey's Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi Ellie, Thanks so much for your continued patronage over the years, whether you have lived here or not. Thanks also for the kind review! We are honored to be one of your favorite burger joints in the nation. Hope you can make it back into town soon for another round! Sincerely, Shannon Little - Marketing and Events Coordinator - Huey's Restaurants - slittle@hueys.cc

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We live in Downtown Memphis and do our fair share of business with Huey's. Not anymore. My husband came in on Dec. 31st to order 2 cheeseburgers and onion rings to go. The bartender said they were not taking any to go orders that night, so my husband left. When he got home with no food, I called and was told since it was New Years Eve. They were to busy for take out. Now keep in mind it was 9:00 pm. I asked for a manager he said he was, so then I asked if Ashley was available. Anyway after that my husband went back and let him place the order. All in all, a terrible experience for my husband who ended up walking about 16 blocks in the cold for 2 hamburgers.

shannonl649, Marketing and Events Coordinator at Huey's Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for choosing Huey's for your takeout order, and thanks for the feedback regarding your husband's experience. Please know that I received the email your husband sent over the weekend, and we are currently working with our management team and owners on it. If someone has not contacted him by now, they will be doing so in the next 24 hours. We take all customer feedback very seriously, and we are looking into this now. Sincerely, Shannon Little - Marketing and Events Coordinator - Huey's Restaurants - slittle@hueys.cc

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited Hueys on the recommendation of our host and on seeing that it consistently won best burger in Memphis.
We arrived at 6p with the dinner crowd and were told about a 30-45 minute wait, so we opted instead to sit at two open seats at the bar.

The service was friendly and fast. But the burger...average at best. I can't figure out how they're winning awards.

And the toothpicks in the ceiling grossed me out, but thats personal preference. It was an ok meal, but not something we would come back for or recommend to others.

shannonl649, Marketing and Events Coordinator at Huey's Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Chris, Thanks so much for coming to see us and thanks for the feedback regarding your experience. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was just average, as we aim to make sure each customer has a 100% time, every time. Can you please email me your name and phone number to slittle@hueys.cc, so we can talk about this further? Sincerely, Shannon Little - Marketing and Events Coordinator - Huey's Restaurants - slittle@hueys.cc

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Service was prompt, courteous, and attentive. My personal bias, burgers need beer not wine. The local Ghost city Diamondhead draft was very good. The Burger was outstanding. I had the the Blues 57 burger, the size was right, the meat was tasty. The side of sweet potato fries (waffle cut) were great. The chipotle ranch dip was a perfect compliment. Finally the price remarkably low.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I found this place on line during our recent visit to Memphis. It certainly lived up to it's reputation. The waiter was very attentive and friendly. The food burgers were hot and cooked perfectly. The portion size was pretty big too. We sat at the bar when we were finished and had a great conversation with a local who was the editor of the local newspaper. Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly.

shannonl649, Marketing and Events Coordinator at Huey's Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thanks so much for coming to see us while in town! I am very happy you got the true Huey's experience. Good service, food, and conversation! Hope we get to see you next time you're in town! Sincerely, Shannon Little - Marketing and Events Coordinator - Huey's Restaurants - slittle@hueys.cc