“Flavorful Gnocchetti and Fabulous Pizza”
Review of Hog and Hominy

Hog and Hominy
Reserve with OpenTable
Hog and Hominy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,537 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Owners of Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen opened up this casual Italian restaurant across the street last week. It is excellent !
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I had gone to Hog and Hominy for dinner to try the much acclaimed food. We decided on the Mustard Gnocchetti appetizer and were not disappointed. There was an explosion of flavors that were all enticing and complementary - each one building on the other. I had the Quattro Formaggio Pizza with 4 cheeses full of flavor and roasted garlic. All four of the cheeses blended together to form an enticing array of tastes ranging from creamy to quite satisfying. Several notches above the standard “cheese pizza”. My wife had the 'Shrooms Pizza and enjoyed every bite - in fact we both left with some to take home because we left full and satisfied. If you haven't tried the pizza at Hog and Hominy yet, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

As a foodie, I couldn't leave Memphis without trying Hog & Hominy. We booked our reservation online (highly recommended) and showed up about ten minutes early. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and informative and helped us choose an awesome dish. I had "The Vito" and my friend had "The Prewitt" and it was so so so fantastic. Prices are very fair. I would love to come back for dinner as we enjoyed a Sunday brunch. Loved this place and will recommend to all my friends!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

What a great place!
Small plates that are as varied as possible.
Pizzas that are some of the best I've ever had.
A really nice raw bar.

The special was a "surf & turf"... quotes because it was like nothing I've had before.
The "turf" was a thin sliced shoulder portion of rare cooked beef.
The "surf" was a marinated then seared grilled octopus!
There was shaved fennel and hominy in it as well.
Different and delicious!

East coast blue point oysters was one of our dishes with 3 different, homemade, sauces.
As good as they come.

And our pizza was the "Red Eye"...pork belly, meat sauce, cheese and topped with a fried egg!
If I don't describe it as one of the best things I've ever had; IT WAS!

A really good drink/beer list as well.

The prices are surprisingly competitive, if not plain reasonable.

Go there, you will love it.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very nice patio. Awesome food. The Vito pizza is a great sharing pizza!
I can't wait to visit more often and sit out in this very nice patio.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Lots of creative dishes using fresh and local product is advertised. The decor is very funky and inviting. The service was very good. We took another couple with us for lunch and as first timers decided to pick several items to share and experience. BeBop-Rocksteady pizza (love the name) has Anchovies, sopressata,mozz. Four quarter sized dollops of cheese were not enough to bring all the flavors together. Collard greens were a unanimous hit. Beef and cheddar dog was well received. Hambone sandwich (Tasso, kraut, sauce) The smoke was overpowering. Really overpowering. No other flavors could be detected. Homemade chips? These are crisp like a kettle chip and sprinkled with spice (BBQ rub?). I you go to the trouble to offer house made, at least make them sort of to order. We enjoyed our meal overall but from all the reviews, were expecting more.

Been to Hog and Hominy? Share your experiences!