“Unusual dining experience is at H&H!”
Review of Hog and Hominy

Hog and Hominy
Reserve with OpenTable
Hog and Hominy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Owners of Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen opened up this casual Italian restaurant across the street last week. It is excellent !
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unusual dining experience is at H&H!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My son and girlfriend took me to Hog & Hominy for my birthday. I had their special mushroom pizza, which was tasty, but my favorite was Kumbaya - a wonderful s'mores dessert ! Most unusual !
Another fun appetizer :cheesy fries!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Culcourt

Brownsville, Tennessee
“Not over wow'ed”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a whim after another in my party had heard about it and wanted to try it. First if you do not know much about the area, parking is extremely limited and very narrow. So if you happen to have a full size truck, which I did, parking is difficult. We arrived after 1pm and there were not many people there at that time. Picture a gutted house with a barn influenced decore (white painted wood studs, metal chairs and tables, wooden floors) with open kitchens. As it has been stated previously, the lunch menu is extremely limited compared to the dinner one posted online. I walked in thinking there might be some barbecue action going on due to the smoking grill out back and the whole "HOG" part of the name. I was wrong. "HOG" here mostly mean bacon or ham. Since lunch consists mainly of a few sandwiches ($8-$12), pizzas($13-$16), a couple of salads($9-$10), and side dishes($6), we opted for sandwiches with chips. The only other option is compressed fruit. The sandwiches and chips came. They were good, but nothing exciting. Certainly not worth the $8-$12, respectively, we paid for them. The chips were slightly overcooked and made slimy with a vinegar poured over them. The waiter was nice and friendly and there is potential that the dinner fare is possibly worth a visit. However, I really do not think with Jimmy Johns and Firehouse Subs not too far away, they would garner a return visit from me for lunch.

• Visited May 2013
Woodinville, Washington
“Happy Dining at Hog & Hominy”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

My new favorite Memphis restaurant! Talk about great food: right out of the garden fresh ingredients plus plenty of TLC in the kitchen equal delicious results. Salads shine. Pizzas have amazingly sog free crusts and delicious, innovative toppings. Even the desserts are worth saving room and spending calories for! The waitstaff were all delightful, warm and knowledgeable. This place has it all right.

Boston
“Very fun restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant has great buzz; we love the room and the friendly service. Food was very good. The menu was fun, although given the nature of the restaurant, it surprisingly veered toward comfort items rather than challening the kitchen. Some of the dishes were indifferent, but overall, the flavors were bold.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice place for Lunch”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Today was our first visit, we went for lunch and arrived just after noon. We were greeted right away and shown to a table. The furnishings are very simple, metal table and chairs. Lunch menu is fairly limited...a few sandwiches, a couple salads, and the main menu item...pizza. The restaurant is what appears to be an old house or store. The fireplace has been modified to become a brick pizza oven. The kitchen is exposed and the whole place is very open. My wife and I shared a salad and a pizza. The salad was the Woodson and it was excellent. The dressing is plain but very tasty. The greens are fresh and also very good. It was just big enough for the two of us to split. We then ordered a Margherita pizza. The crust was cracker thin and the sauce nice and red. A few white blotches of cheese also topped the pizza. They serve it whole and provide a cutter, which is nice. The pizza was very tasty. Plain, and it seemed like the sauce and cheese were a bit light...but they were full of flavor...a sign of good quality ingredients. The two items provided a great lunch for two people. The only negatives were the drinks. The only diet soda they have is Diet Coke, and I prefer Coke Zero. So...we both ordered iced tea. It was good, but they charge $3 per person for it, which is very high. Our total lunch was $33. The food prices are reasonable, but iced tea should not be almost 20% of your bill. We will go back, but will drink water next time.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Hog and Hominy? Share your experiences!