“Wow”

The Brass Door
Ranked #218 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Irish New Yorkers are a tough audience to please but we were delighted with the ambiance, the service and the food of this local Irish pub. Our appetizers of goat cheese fritters were outstanding and could have been my dinner. I had the marinated chicken sandwich on sour dough bread with Guinness mayonnaise and OMG! Out of this world. Bill came to only $54 with 2 drinks each. Fabulous!! It's a little off the beaten path which makes it even more appealing. Looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our second time to come for weekend brunch - You can't get better service. The irish breakfast is different, but worth trying. Excellent. The bloody mary was good, needed extra kick and the bartender was very gracious to kick it up a notch.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I are locals. The Brass Door is our neighborhood pub. The people are friendly, the food very good, the decor remarkable, and the feel to this place is as good as any Irish pub you will find in Chicago or New York. The owners have done a wonderful job in bringing to life the essense of what a friendly, local pub should be. So if you are just visiting Memphis for a short time, pop into The Brass Door. Say hello to the owner Seamus, and before you finish your first pint of Harp, you will be a local too.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Brass Door is in a really old building on Madison in Memphis. What a great place! Irish music on CD (the waitress said the name of the band playing was The Bollox), great antique fixtures, nice staff.

We went for lunch; the club sandwich was one of the best I've had, with skins-on fries. The lunch menu isn't anything fancy, but the prices are good and the food is good and filling. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a fantastic salad for lunch here during a whirlwind visit over 2/28 to 3/1. Staff was great and helpful in helping me make my choice. Loved the ambiance of the place and the intimate atmosphere as well as the 'old world' style. Another hidden treasure in downtown Memphis to explore!

Been to The Brass Door? Share your experiences!