“Delicious spicy chicken”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #184 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Description: Two of Gus's restaurants are already on TA, but this one, which I'd like to review, is in a strip mall on Germantown Rd, north of Cordova, near the Galleria Mall. Thanks.
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
“Delicious spicy chicken”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Visiting family in Memphis, wanted something other than ribs. The spicy chicken was delicious and inexpensive. Could have been spicier! Service was good. Ambiance was ok -- it's a one large room. I would definitely go back.

Visited July 2013

Moore, Oklahoma
“Spicy good chicken”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Best fried chicken I have ever eaten! We were served fairly quickly but be prepared to wait. Fun, funky little hole in the wall that is legendary for awesome fried chicken!

• Visited June 2013
Riverview, Florida
“Fried Green Tomatoes, Corn Nuggets, and Fried Chicken . . . MMMM”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Need I say more!!! The Fried Green Tomatoes were spectacular. The Corn Nuggets . . . I had to get a second order because my son stole all of mine! The Fried chicken. . . oh soooo crispy and moist. It was a little spicy but it was the perfect amount. My son ate it and he didn't complain about the spice. The mashed potatoes and gravy were really good too. My husband had the hush puppies and said they were good. The slaw was a little sweet for our taste but that is really dependent on what you like personally. This place is a must try! We really enjoyed the crispy spicy moist chicken and would recommend to anyone!
The service was pretty good too. Our waitress was a little quiet but she took care of us well :)
This location is in a strip mall type place. I was a little scared because there was really nothing around it that was open. But as soon as I walked in I realized it was bigger than I thought. We were welcomed and had a seat. Don't judge a restaurant by its cover . . . I do all the time but my husband encouraged me to try . . . I'm glad he did!
This restaurant is also good for those on a budget. They have Family meals and individual.

• Visited July 2013
“Best chicken around.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a different style of chicken Gus's world famous fried chicken it is...... fantastic... A little spicy for children though but I love the spices....

• Visited June 2013
Enterprise, Alabama
“Great fried chicken”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I heard about this place on the food network channel. The chicken was great. The batter that the use is thin and has a great crunch. The chicken is seasoned just right, a bit spicy.

• Visited May 2013