“Great Hotel”

Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed May 7, 2007

Read some of the reports on here and decided to try it,and was not disappointed.
We booked a suite for the 4 of us for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised at the size and decor,and the reports were right about breakfast,it was very good.
Hotel staff could not have been more helpful about where to go in Memphis

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank frankandviv
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Memphis Downtown

Reviewed April 18, 2007

Wonderful hotel. Staff was great and we received an excellent walkup rate. Suite style with everything you need. My daughter loved the free movie check out and DVD player in the room. Location is great. Easy walking distance to the Peabody and to Beale Street. Bedding was
great, as was the full breakfast the next morning. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank KrisGGainesville
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My family and I just got back from a four night stay at the Residence Inn Memphis Downtown. This has to be the best experience we've had at a hotel. From check-in to check-out, the staff were wonderful. We wanted to check in early and they didn't have a two bedroom suite ready which I had reserved in advance, so they gave us two one bedroom suites at a reduced rate. The valet parking is great, they get your car up front in minutes. The rooms were beautifully appointed and spacious. The breakfast buffet was ample. My husband and son enjoyed the pool table in the billard room. They have an on site workout room which was nice. The hotel is located near all the major attractions. The area was quiet, and we felt safe walking to the places we wanted to go. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank likestotravelNc
Reviewed March 29, 2007

I stayed at the Memphis Residence Inn last week for business and found the hotel to be a good - not great - place to stay in downtown Memphis. The suite was clean and in good shape. Although the drain in
the sink was somewhat clogged and the TV remote did not work. (they brought me a new one). It is a couple of blocks away from Beale
Street - the downtown hot spot. The service was good - not great - the valet brought out the wrong rental car at the valet pick up the day I left and, not paying too much attention, I almost drove off in it. Also, the location is not great in terms of markets for food or snacks. The closest market is several blocks away and the hotels has a small collection of items in their lobby.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank debsam00
Reviewed February 19, 2007

What a great hotel! We stayed for two nights on a road trip to Memphis and were pleasantly surprised by the accomodations. The room was spacious and well appointed. The hotel is close to the famous Rendezvous BBQ as well as just a few blocks from Beale Street and the trolley lines.

The staff is helpful and the hot breakfast is great!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank eventersmom
Reviewed February 14, 2007

Very professional staff, tastefully decorated rooms, valet parking was $16.50 but that was fine with me considering I've stayed in Chicago and paid $45.00 for parking. Very close to restaurants and local attractions (Civil Rights museum, Beale St., FedEx Forum etc...). Breakfast was excellent, the bed was awesome I splet like a baby, I can't speak enough about the quality of the hotel, definitely not what I expected from a "Residence Inn". This will definitely stay on my recommended places to stay while in Memphis.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Phoenixsfinest
Reviewed February 5, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn for a week around the Christmas holiday based on tripadvisor reviews. We were very pleased with our choice! As mentioned by other reviewers, the staff was very helpful and friendly, which really made our stay enjoyable. I have stayed at many hotels across the US and I would rank this staff as among the best I've encountered. The location was ideal for us - the hotel is close to all major attractions in downtown Memphis but far enough away for peace and quiet. We had considered staying at the Hampton Inn, but after seeing the Hampton's proximity to Beale Street (a bit too close for my taste) I'm glad we didn't, although it looked nice from the outside. I would recommend Texas de Brazil for anyone interested in a great churrascaria. It's a bit pricey but well worth it.

My wife and I enjoyed our time in Memphis and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

3  Thank mlogic