“Remember... It's a Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
Ranked #13 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at the Residence and absolutely loved the helpful staff and the extremely friendly atmosphere. As for location, you simply can't do any better. With the trolley right outside and the access to every type of music and food you could ever dream of, everything is at your finger tips. The place was very clean and well kept. The cons, The hotel is quite used and a little rough around the edges. It is in need of a face lift, and there were some maintenance issues, such as my shower rod was loose, and since it is rounded, the shower curtain kept falling to the center as it would fall away from the walls. The heat was blasting, and it was so hot in the room I couldnt sleep. I tried the AC, but it wouldnt come on. Oddly enough, the message light was on, listening to the message, it was the desk offering another room to a former guest because the heat wouldnt turn off. A lot of scrapes and bruises in the elevator and the carpet has seen its better days. But remember...it's Marriot's It's a Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank C B
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank You for your response! We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear you were very happy with our staff!

We will be doing a full renovation this year and hope to be finsihed by Sepetember so I hope you will come back and see us again!

Best Regards

Reviewed January 10, 2013

First time in downtown Memphis. Staff is what makes this hotel, very hospitable. Dated decor but clean. Good location with good valet service. Breakfast is above average Residence Inn breakfast. Comfortable beds and quiet rooms.

Room Tip: Choose rooftop suites
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seoul_power

We are happy you had a great time in Downtwon Memphis! Thank You for choosing the Residence Inn and we would welcome you back anytime!

Best Regards

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nicely located ..very nice workers.Clean room.Easy walk to Beale Street and restaurants. Trolly stop is just few steps from the door. Nice view of the river and downtown.Wish I could have stayed a week. Hot tub at the top of building with a bbq grill available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leslamb
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank You for the kind comments on our staff and amenties. Glad you had an opportunity to experience Beale Street! We welcome you back for a week anytime!

Happy New Year

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nice hotel. Valet, check-in smooth. Carl upgraded us to a huge two bedroom suite. Clean hotel. Slightly dated decor but could be art deco! Breakfast was good and my family of four we satisified. Great stay and would go again. Nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and would come back and stay with us again.
We wish you a very Happy Holiday!

Happy New Year

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We travel to Memphis on a regular basis. I always try to stay someplace different. I booked the residence inn downtown.I selected what they call, " a larger suite with city view" The layout of the suite was very unique. The room was very clean, housekeeping was super, the staff at the breakfast, especially " Loraine " were very kind, helpful, and personable. The negatives to this local would be; upon check in the front desk told me that valet parking would be $18.99 per day, when I stated that that is not what the website states he said well ok. So I was glad I knew my stuff. The next issue was the first morning when my husband jumped in the shower, the alarm started going off. They explained because im sure they deal with this on a daily basis that you have to keep the door closed when you take a shower. There is not an exhaust fan in the bath. So a suggestion might be to have signage that states that the door must stay closed or an alarm will go off and wake up the entire building.The water in the suite was extremely hot, I mean hot enough to cause serious burns. This definitely needs to be fixed or someone will be hurt. These issues were left with the staff so I hope they were taken care of prior to the next guest arrived. One last thing; where we like the decor, the suite layout and the cleanliness. They had obviously had prior water damage to the ceiling. The repair job was very poorly done and makes the whole suite look shabby. Overall I would probably stay there again. The positives outway the negatives.
I would hope they would take some of my suggestions too heart.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PattyS41
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We do our best to make sure guests received outstanding service and accommodations. We are very happy that we will begin a renovation in March and new exhaust fans will be added. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused. If you could contact and let me know what suite you stayed in, I will make sure engineering looks at the water temperature of that unit. Unlimitted in and out valet parking fee increased on November 1, 2012 from $16 to $18 plus tax per day. Thank You for the kind comments on our staff and recognizing Loraine personally.

Happy Holidays,
901-578-3700.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights while exploring Memphis. We wanted somewhere within walking distance of Beale, and this place fits the bill. The check in was easy enough, the bellman helped my wife with the bags to the room while I parked the car in a garage across the street - it's more than half as cheap as valet. Lobby was modern and clean. Room was big enough, with a full kitchen, nice enough bathroom and comfy bed (medium-soft). It was my wife's birthday and they went out of their way to make her feel special with a small gift in the room. The breakfast was good, nothing incredible, but tasty enough and decent variety. "Manager's reception" from Sunday-Wednesday (I think). Check-out was a breeze.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emandj
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I hope your wife had fantastic birthday!! We appreciate you staying with us and are very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and great resturants and attractions just steps away as well we are happy you had a fun visit on Beale Street!

We hope you and your wife will return again soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I cannot give high enough praise of the staff. I have never stayed at a hotel with a better staff and service. Every member of the staff gave 200% to make sure our stay was perfect with no detail overlooked. I am sure if we wanted something that was readily available, a staff member would have been dispatched to obtain that item for us. My entire travel party was amazed at the level of service . The rooms were spacious and comfortable with all the comforts of home. Some minor maintenance, mostly cosmetic, would improve the overall hotel appearance. This, however, should not deter anyone from staying at this hotel. I know I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends. This hotel was chosen because of the location, which is perfect for downtown activities. At the end of the block is the trolley line. Within an easy three-block walk is Beale Street. You can stop by to see the ducks at the nearby Peabody. There are good restaurants nearby. Try McEwens almost next door – we did and we were delighted with restaurant, food and service. The hotel offers reasonably priced and very convenient valet parking ($16 parking + $1.48 parking tax).

Room Tip: I was advised that "loft" rooms have a little more room than the non-loft rooms. The loft...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Travel1911
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

We do our best provide each and every guest outstanding guest service and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate our staff. I will make sure I share your comments/review with all the associates at our daily huddle. Thank you for recognizing them. We appreciate your business and welcome you back anytime soon! Glad you had a chance to dine at McEwens's on Monroe-definalty a great restaurant!

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family!