Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
$225
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitebeale streetrooftop areavalet parkingfew blocksmississippi riverwithin walking distancean older buildingmemphis downtowntrolley lineliving areacivil rights museummain streetwould stay here againbreakfast staffvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights while exploring Memphis. We wanted somewhere within walking distance of Beale, and this place fits the bill. The check in was easy enough, the bellman helped my wife with the bags to the room while I parked the car in a garage across the street - it's more than half as cheap as valet. Lobby was modern and clean. Room was big enough, with a full kitchen, nice enough bathroom and comfy bed (medium-soft). It was my wife's birthday and they went out of their way to make her feel special with a small gift in the room. The breakfast was good, nothing incredible, but tasty enough and decent variety. "Manager's reception" from Sunday-Wednesday (I think). Check-out was a breeze.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emandj
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I hope your wife had fantastic birthday!! We appreciate you staying with us and are very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and great resturants and attractions just steps away as well we are happy you had a fun visit on Beale Street!

We hope you and your wife will return again soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I cannot give high enough praise of the staff. I have never stayed at a hotel with a better staff and service. Every member of the staff gave 200% to make sure our stay was perfect with no detail overlooked. I am sure if we wanted something that was readily available, a staff member would have been dispatched to obtain that item for us. My entire travel party was amazed at the level of service . The rooms were spacious and comfortable with all the comforts of home. Some minor maintenance, mostly cosmetic, would improve the overall hotel appearance. This, however, should not deter anyone from staying at this hotel. I know I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends. This hotel was chosen because of the location, which is perfect for downtown activities. At the end of the block is the trolley line. Within an easy three-block walk is Beale Street. You can stop by to see the ducks at the nearby Peabody. There are good restaurants nearby. Try McEwens almost next door – we did and we were delighted with restaurant, food and service. The hotel offers reasonably priced and very convenient valet parking ($16 parking + $1.48 parking tax).

Room Tip: I was advised that "loft" rooms have a little more room than the non-loft rooms. The loft is actually an area that has a half-wall on one side with three small steps into the area. The bathroom is through this area. We had a king-sized bed with a sleeper-sofa in the living room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Travel1911
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

We do our best provide each and every guest outstanding guest service and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate our staff. I will make sure I share your comments/review with all the associates at our daily huddle. Thank you for recognizing them. We appreciate your business and welcome you back anytime soon! Glad you had a chance to dine at McEwens's on Monroe-definalty a great restaurant!

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I really couldn't believe how we lucked out in finding this place. We had to pinch ourselves. In no particular order:
- Beautiful art deco building
- The room was an apartment, complete with kitchen, dining table, sofa, etc.
- It was very clean
- Free WiFi
- Breakfast included
- Amazing service
- Huge roof terrace with spectacular views of the city and Mississippi
- Perfect location
- Really cheap for what you get

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SimeyD

We are so happy you found us too and welcome you back for years to come. Your kind comments regading are stay are very much appreciate and thoughtful.

Thank You again for your business!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We came to Memphis on a whim and chose this hotel last minute. Best Decision Ever! Carl, the operations manager is a ridiculously cool guy and gave us great rate, told us where to park for free. The hotel is in an awesome location--walking distance to numerous food, bar, other interesting things. We were only there for a night so we didn't get to see a whole lot. The staff was beyond helpful. We were thoroughly impressed with the quality of our suite and greatly enjoyed the rooftop hot tub! If I ever come back to Memphis, I will definitely want to stay here again. Ask for Carl!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura F
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I am happy to hear that Carl treated you with such outstanding guest service and that you really enjoyed our hotel and the rooftop views and the hot tub. We are very lucky to have Carl as our Operations Manager and appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay.

We hope to see you soon!
Best Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2012

There were many hotels to choose from in Memphis and I choose this one based on the reviews and good value. We were not disappointed. We spent 2 nights there before going to Clarksdale, MS and then another night before flying home. The rooms were clean, spacious, and the staff awesome. Breakfast had a great selection of hot and cold items along with healthy choices. Tuesday night was the managers social. We thought this would be snacks but it was an excellent taco dinner with good wine and beer. We had no need to go for dinner after this very tasty meal.

Also loved the roof top patio. Great view of the river and city.

Special call out to Olga at the front desk for making us feel so welcome.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank readyforavacation

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn and the amenities we offer our guests. I will make sure Olga gets recognized for her outstanding service. We hope to have you back again soon.

Many Thanks