Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
$74
Travelocity
$99
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitebeale streetrooftop areavalet parkingfew blocksmississippi riverwithin walking distancean older buildingmemphis downtowntrolley lineliving areacivil rights museummain streetwould stay here againbreakfast staffvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

November 2011. I had the opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn, downtown Memphis when business required us to be in the area. The hotel is located near the downtown business and Beale Street (entertainment district). I drove to my business in both Oxford, MS and Little Rock, AR.

I checked in late and service was excellent. My room was on one f the higher fllor. My room was comfortable and a bit dated. The bed was comfortable. Lighting in the room was very good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk, and a floor lamp. The work desk was about standard and the retro office-style chair functional and comfortable. My The room had a sofa and an arm chair.

The LCD flat screen TV was had a moderate amount of cable channels as well as a wide selection of pay-per-view movies. I looked at some previews and costs per movie seemed to be between $12 and $15. High-speed Internet service had a charge of $9.95 per day. I used the free WIFI.
The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash.

The cleaning crew did a great job during my job. Folks working there were very friendly and helpful. I had to order online a new wheeled hard case because one of Rimowave luggage zippers became discombulated perhaps via the airport luggage system.

The hotel public areas were clean and well-kept, and were busy due to guests and folks conducting business in the property. The buffet breakfast was good on all of the days..

There are several restaurants within ten minutes of the hotel. I can recommend the Texas De Brasil restaurant (yummy food and great service) as well as the famed Rendezouvs BBq joint. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated, but it was clean and service and location make this an ideal property to stay. I would stay at this property again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank SeminarTrekker
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank You for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Downtown-We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back again soon!

Best Regards
Tracey

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went to Memphis this year for my birthday and stayed at the Residence Inn Memphis Downtown. We stayed in a bedroom suite. Loved it because the bedroom/bath are up on a mini loft totally separate from the kitchen/living room area. Perfect location! Right down the block from AutoZone Park. Caught a game while we were there. Very clean room. Gotta love the Marriott beds! The trolley stops right outside the hotel. Very convenient. Would get back from a day of sightseeing, stop at our room to grab a bottle of wine (nicely chilled in our full size fridge), and go to the roof to unwind from the day. What a view! Complete with tables/chairs/jacuzzi & BBQ. Here's something we didn't know about this hotel that really came in handy. McEwen's, which is a great restaurant right next door, takes care of the hotel's room service. We actually used them twice while staying there. Excellent food! All 4 dishes were perfectly cooked & got to our room piping hot. No extra charge for room service. You just pay the menu price. Perfect for when we got back late & didn't feel like going out for dinner. Next time in Memphis, this is where we'll be staying.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a higher floor so I wouldn't hear the trolley. We had no problem but I'd imagine you'd hear it down on lower floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jersey721
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My father and I went to Memphis for the weekend to sightsee and stayed at the Residence Inn, thinking there would be two separate room areas (he snores, so we need a door between us). This was not the case at this hotel, which was disappointing but I got over it.

What I did not get over was how dirty the room was. Normally, Marriott’s are very clean and comfortable, but this place was old and beat down. My Dad slept on the foldout couch and the blankets provided to us for that bed were torn and stained. The comforter was stained as well, and did not make me feel super happy about sleeping in.

Good things were that the staff was friendly and the location was great. I think next time I will spend the extra $50 per night and stay at The Peabody.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fsb1904
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed in, worth every penny. Rooms are so comfortable and big, very luxurious. Rooftop BBQs are also held here, with a rooftop Jacuzzi. Staff are very friendly and it is in a perfect location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich250807

We appreciate you and hope to have you back again soon! Thank You for posting about your stay.

Best Regards
Tracey Henninger

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Unbeleivable! The valet/porter/conseirge along with the front desk staff made my wife and I feel like we were royalty!

Offering to personally run to the local store to get my wife some Advil was the icing on the cake!

The local all talk about going to the rooftop party on the Peabody, the same view is available from the hot tub in top of the residence inn.

BYOB to the roof top here and have a blast !!

• Stayed: July 2012
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit such a nice review of your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown. We pride ourselves in terrific guest service so I am happy to hear our valet personally got Advil for your wife. We hope you will come back and enjoy the rooftop hot tub and beautiful Mississippi River Views.

Tracey Henninger